Nightmares

Nightmare : a frightening or
unpleasant dream.

Yuuki was real. You could remember every inch of his face. The colour of his eyes, his hair, the size of his nose, forehead, cheeks. There was too much detail for him to not be real. You reassured yourself. His hair colour, was blonde, platinum blonde, not white, blonde. His eyes were the same as yours, you'd both inherited them from your mother. Yuuki often wore, long coats, and they were usually white, or black depending on the day. He was also tall, around 6,0 when you had last seen him. He was seventeen then, you wondered if he had grown anymore.

There was a purpose for your reminiscences, you were trying to make sure you did remember Yuuki, and the time you spent with your brother in the woods. Because, now the time came to actually use your magic, you were anxious. Your heart was pounding, you could feel it against your ribs, your breaving was heavy, which was annoying seeing as you were trying to be quiet.

I mean, you didn't have to use your magic. You didn't plan to kill him here, but using it gave you an advantage, and technically Yuuki told you to only use it on the shadow dragon slayer. No, well, actually he said to kill him. And you were in front of a massive audience, which is probably still breaking your brothers implied rules. All the conflict cause your head was to spin, and you regretted following Rogue up the stairs.

Stairs weren't usually a challenge for you, but these ones felt like a mountain, you were out of breath after the first step. Fortunately you were almost at the top. And you began to see the sun dripping in from the sides of the passage, leaving an unfitting warm glow on building. It started to reveal itself more and more the higher you got. Until you could see Rogue again, his concentration seemed to be on the sun, he was drowning in the light, and his shadow stretched out across the floor. Facing away from you.

He hadn't noticed you yet, he was to busy looking outside the building, probably looking for someone else to get points from, you had no idea what he'd done in the competition so far. As for you, the orange of the setting sky was off putting. You felt like you'd wasted a day. Most of it was spent wandering around with Akio, the confrontation with the twins took about 3 minutes and the one with Minerva only lasted about 10. Most of your time was spent wandering around.

After hiding in the shadows for a while you decided to step forward. Reveal yourself, although as soon as you did so you thought maybe a surprise attack would of been better.

Rogue immediately looked in your direction, and prepared himself for a surprise attack that never came, he examined you, quickly realising you were trembling.

Rogue wasn't like Kokozu, you didn't see him as the type to try bring up a conversation during the battle, you weren't the type either. Yet your trembling lips started to form words. "I... I..."

Why were you shaking?!

Your bandaged hand reached for your sword but you were trembling too much, hardly intimidating. In fact Rogue even let his guard down a bit at your failed action.

You ran away from home, because he told you to kill him. And now...

Marie cried, because of you.

Max was mad, because of you.

And it was because of him.

Him, in front of you.

Finding new found anger you manage to regain a slight bit of composure, the trembling was gone but the heavy breathing and sweating still remained obvious. You stood up straight and shut your eyes for a moment. Rogue did nothing.

He was still, very confused, a little frightened, mostly confused. He'd expected that there would be a confrontation between the two of you, although he hoped he could of got to Gajeel first. If he had seen you like this a week ago, the fear would of taken other, but he'd been watching you, over the past week. And whatever he was seeing in his dreams, it wasn't what he saw.