Flying Bowls

At 8 a.m. on the dot, Liam and Zayn pull back the curtains in the nursery to let in the sun.

"Rise and shine," they call.

Louis groans and pulls his pillow over his head. Zayn chuckles and pats Louis' bottom.

"Wakey, wakey, little one."

"Its too early," he complains.

"Morning, Daddy," Harry says to Liam in a groggy voice. Liam lowers his crib bars.

"Morning to you too, love. We need to get you ready," the man says.

"Why?"

"It's Monday munchkin," he replies.

"What's the big deal about it being Monday," Louis asks.

"Harry goes to daycare Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays," Zayn tells him.

"Loulou come wiff, Daddy?"

Liam shakes his head. "He's not ready for that yet." Louis sighs in relief. He's not sure why, because getting out of the house would be the best way to escape. But the idea of going anywhere full of littles sounds like a terrifying idea.

"But I want him to," Harry says sticking out his bottom lip.

"Hey now, don't pout," Liam says running his thumb over the lip to smooth it back out. "He will be here when you get back. Besides, you get to go see your friends!"

Harry smiles at that. He has so much to tell them! He's the first of his friends to have a sibling now!

The daddies pull the boys from their cribs and make quick work of changing nappies. The men were surprised to see Louis had used his in the middle of the night.

"Okay, Baby. What do you want to wear today," Liam asks Harry.

Harry shrugs. "Use your words."

"I dunno," he whispers.

"The weather forecast says its gonna be a bit chilly out today," Zayn tells him.

"How does a sweater sound, babe," Liam asks. "That way, if they let you go outside for recess you won't need your jacket."

"Your sweater," the boy says.

Liam thinks for a second before nodding in agreement. "Okay, I guess you can if it keeps you warm," he teases lightly.

"What do you want to wear with the sweater," Zayns calls from the closet.

"Weggings, Papa," Harry says around a big yawn.

Zayn comes out from the closet. "Here you go! The softest pair of leggings I could find!" Zayn hands the dark gray leggings to Liam who holds them wide and has Harry slide one foot in. He helps pull his foot through. He repeats the process on the other foot. Once Harry has the leggings bunched up around his feet Liam pulls them up his legs and over his diaper. The nappy shows clearly through the fabric. Harry knows this but doesn't care.

"Okay, Bugaboo. Let's go pick out a sweater," Liam says taking Harry's hand in his own.

"Wait, Li," calls his husband.

Liam turns around to see Zayn holding a balled up pair of white fuzzy socks. He pitches them over and Liam catches them with one hand. Papa leads Harry out of the room and into the hallway. A couple of doors down at the very end of the hall is the master suite.

Harry lets go of Liam's hand and jumps onto the just made bed. Liam slaps himself mentally for making the bed before now because he was going to have to remake it. Harry's lays his body back on the soft expanse. Neither daddies are proud to admit the frequency at which they give in and allow the boy to sleep with them. Harry is a cuddler and these two are perfect big spoons.