Choco-chips

Louis grimaces as he feel the cold wetness press into his front as he rolls from his back onto his tummy. He lets out a whine, knowing it usually summons someone to help him during his early morning haze. Sure enough, seconds later he hears footsteps approaching the nursery. He scrubs his eyes with his fists, clearing himself from any sleep dust and tears he collected during the night.

Zayn smiles at his boy and sets the laundry basket on the floor. He peeks over the side of the crib and coos. "Good morning, my Louis."

Louis whines again and reaches his arms.

"Aw, is my little boy cranky from the extra sleep this morning," Zayn asks. "I'm sorry you're groggy. Didn't have the heart to wake you."

The man realizes he's doting more today than normal, but he can't help it. Spending one-on-one time with Louis is one of his favorite things to do. Louis has been falling more into his little headspace lately and the amount of affection he's been giving his daddies has been overwhelmingly appreciated.

He lowers the side of the crib and smiles at his precious little one, hair sticking out in every direction and sleep still absorbing him. He slides his hands under his body and picks him up, holding Louis close to his frame. Zayn bounces the boy, rubbing his back as Louis mewls.

"Come on, sunshine. You need to wake up for the day!"

Louis cracks his eyes open and picks his head up from Zayn's shoulder. His eyes dart around the room, searching. "Where's Hazza?"

"Daddy took him food shopping so we could have Louis-Papa bonding time. That sounds fun, yeah?"

Louis visibly stiffens in his arms and presses his head into Zayn's neck, hiding his frown.

"Hey, champ. What's got you upset?"

"Don't get to see Haz," he mumbles against Zayn's neck, tickling the man's peach fuzz.

"You'll see him later. But what about me? Aren't you excited to spend the day with me," Zayn asks in a silly voice, hoping to cheer him up.

The little nods but his frown does not disappear. "Love Harry."

"I know you do, babe," Zayn smiles and sets Louis down on the changing table.

Zayn sets to work undressing Louis. The task isn't the easiest with the boy sulking, keeping his arms pinned to his side. He starts first with pulling off Louis' socks because it's the easiest. Using as many soft-spoken, encouraging words as he can muster, Zayn manages to unzip the onesie and lay Louis back so he is able to pull it off.

Just as Zayn is about to change the boy, his phone rings.He answers and puts it on speaker.

"Speak of the devil. We were just talking about you, right Lou?"

"Zayn," Liam gasps. "Did you reveal my secret?"

"Which one? The one where you're actually James Bond or the one where you're deathly afraid of chickens?"

Louis giggles. "Chickens? You're afraid of chickens, Daddy?"

Liam whines. "Not funny, Louis! They have creepy feet!"

The boy on the changing table squawks like a chicken. "Bok! Bok! Bok!"

"I didn't call to be made fun of," Liam says, clearly pouting on the other side.

"He's right, baby. We can only make fun of Daddy to his face," Zayn tells him, playfully sticking out his tongue. He hears his spouse groaning."Anyways, did you need something? I'm trying to change the baby."

"I forgot to check the changing supplies actually so this is perfect. Are we low on anything?"

"Um," Zayn says, taking the phone off speaker and back away from the table to see below. "Need more wipes...and it wouldn't hurt to pick up some more pull ups."