Ginger Snaps in the Cold

Its Friday morning. Louis has officially been living here for five days. He has unwillingly accepted the daily schedule of waking up, eating, playing with toys that are obviously not meant for his age demographic, eating again, more playing, yet another time of eating, an embarrassing bath, cuddling (which he sometimes enjoys) and then sleep. It sounds like the dream life of an adolescent male, until you factor in nappies, cribs, and highchairs. The boy is 800% sure he will not last another day if he continues to stay cooped up in the house. Harry is one of two things making this treatment bearable. The other being the keyboard of course.

But today Harry is going to daycare. The curly haired boy had cried his eyes out and begged his daddies to let him stay home on Wednesday, but today they are making him go. If Louis is being honest with himself, he knows that he's going to miss him and that today is going to be torture. But he's also happy that he isn't being forced to go. Yet.

The four are sat in the kitchen for breakfast. Louis has realized that their formation is always the same. Liam sits at his chair using his tray. At breakfast time Louis is normally allowed to feed himself. The daddies only eat breakfast with them. For lunch and dinner they normally eat once they are done feeding the boys. Zayn always feeds Harry his breakfast because Harry is the messiest eater on the planet.

But to Papa and Daddy think it's endearing watching the little eat. He makes adorable little moans and grumbles when he chews and swallows.

"Why don't you want to go, Babe? You're usually so excited for daycare," Zayn says as he puts down the rubber fork and switches for his metal utensil and takes a bite of his pancakes.

"I wanna stay here wiff Loulou," he pouts.

"It's only for 5 hours. You can make it that long, yeah?"

Harry shakes his head no.

The man with black hair finishes his breakfast before returning to feeding Harry. "Once you get there, I promise you time will pass sooo quickly, you won't even think about home."

--

Liam places the last few items into Harry's diaper bag before slinging the strap over his shoulder. He runs the bag out to the car and places it next to Harry's car seat. Most of the items in the bag are unnecessary. The daycare already has diapers and powder available and they are included in the tuition, but Liam and Zayn prefer he stays in his super cute nappies. This month's happen to have little pandas printed on them. Their powder is also better for the baby's sensitive skin than the powder the center uses that leaves irritated bumps. There is also two pacifiers and a portable sippy cup filled with Harry's favorite juice inside and a tupperware container with Cheez-itz.

The man walks back inside through the garage door to see his husband bouncing Harry on his hip in an attempt to cheer him up. Louis is standing on the side watching with a nervous look spread on his face.

"Ready, Sweetie," Liam asks.

Harry nods sadly.

"Give Louis a big hug," Zayn instructs setting the boy down.

Harry doesn't need to be told twice before he wraps his arms completely around Louis. The blue-eyed boy's ribs hurt as they are squeezed.

"Promise you still be here when I back," Harry begs into his ear so only Louis can hear.

"I promise," Louis says.

The boy gives one final squeeze before pulling away.

"Bye Papa. Bye Loulou," he says and accepts the hand that Liam is holding.

"Bye, Honey! See you soon," Zayn shouts after him.

Louis' stomach drops as he watches the two leave. Harry's shoulders are shrugged. Louis doesn't want Harry going as much as Harry doesn't want to be leaving.He's never been alone in the house with Zayn before. The few times that there was only three in the house was because Zayn leaves to run errands while the boys stay with Liam.