The Teddy Bear Wedding

So, when I first wrote this story, I decided to make this the last chapter. After receiving nearly 100 messages, I decided to continue it. However, I don't know if I want to upload those chapters onto here because they're all kind of pointless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preparing for a vow renewal ceremony isn't exactly as difficult as preparing for a wedding. No special tuxes needed to be ordered. A giant guest list wasn't drawn up because they only want the people closest to them attending. A cake wasn't ordered as they are are planning to go back to their home when the gathering is over for a nice meal and pie because Harry had said he wanted pie more than anything.

Planning for this was relatively easy. The only challenge was finding a date and the right person to perform the ceremony for them. In the end, they decided to not have anyone officiate it considering in the eyes of the law they are already married.

It's December third. The air outside is chilly and there is two inches of snow on the ground. Liam's eyes crack open as the sunlight comes through the blinds and crosses his face. He smiles as he thinks of the day ahead of him.

The man quietly rolls out of his bed and goes over to the window, pulling the blinds up and bringing the curtains back, allowing sunshine to fill their room. He presses his hand to the cool window glass and gets an idea. He leans forward and blows hot air onto the glass and then writes "L+Z" surrounded by a heart with his fingertip. Smiling to himself, he returns to the bed and lays next to Zayn, shaking the sleeping man's form.

"What," Zayn tiredly moans out.

"Look at the window," Liam says.

"Is it snowing," Zayn asks, not bothering to open his eyes.

"Just look," Liam tells him.

Zayn lifts his head and squints at the drawing on the window. He turns to his husband and playfully pushes his shoulder back.

"I swear to God I married the living embodiment of Hallmark," Zayn says.

"And you're sure you want to re-marry me today?"

"More than anything," he says and kisses Liam.

Zayn pulls back and grins. "Alright, up we get. Busy day ahead of us!"

The older man groans and rolls over to the edge of the bed and sits up, stretching out his shoulders and feet before standing. He joins Liam in the shower and then when they're out they get dressed together and brush their teeth and comb their hair. It's normal for them to be close, but this morning they're feeling inseparable.

They walk down the hall to the nursery. When they stand in the doorway, a growling sound stops them. They look down to see Scout sitting in front of Harry's crib with a protective look on her face. The pup had quickly taken a liking to the littles and is now a watch dog more than anything. Every night she wakes up periodically and paces in front of the cribs, making sure there's no trouble. It's completely endearing, except in the morning. Scout has growled at the men more times than she hasn't when they come to wake the boys up as if they are intruders.

"Shh, Scout. It's just us," Zayn tells her and kneels down to give the lab a kiss. She immediately softens and licks his chin. Zayn chuckles and stands again. He reaches for the latches on the crib and quietly brings the front down. Liam does the same for Louis.

He places a hand on Harry's back and rubs soft circles around his shoulder blades. "Baby, it's time to wake up."

The curly haired boy shifts a little, pushing his back up closer to Zayn's hand. He buries his face in his pillow and whines.