Protective Papa Bear

Lowkey so excited that I figured out how to add gifs to stories! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock on the dashboard reads 7:45 a.m. as Zayn pulls into the parking lot of the day care. They don't open until 8:30, but he knows the staff members are already inside preparing for the day. He decided to leave the house while the boys are still asleep and the other littles weren't at day care yet. He exits his car and walks with his back straight and his shoulders even. He's ready for this.

Last night during cuddle time, the man had gotten more information out of Louis from what the boy observed in center and needless to say he's pissed.

He walks through the front door and rolls his eyes as the bell jingles, making his presence known. There are a few helpers at the front desk, discussing something. A man is sweeping the floor of the hallway that leads to the main room. The women look up at him.

"Zayn, what're you doing here so early," Lou asks in surprise.

"I need to see Simon. He here yet?"

"Yeah, uh...let me call his office," she says nervously. The blond picks up the phone and dials her boss' extension number. After a few seconds, Zayn hears the low rumbling of the man speaking on the other side. "Hi, Si. Harry and Louis' parent is here and he'd like to see you. Should I send him back?...Yes, Zayn....Okay, can do."

She hangs up the phone and returns to her paperwork. Zayn scoffs. Was the woman just going to ignore him?

"Well," he asks, crossing his arms.

"He's a bit busy right now. Can you come back later?"

"No, I'd prefer to do it now. Before the kids arrive."

"Simon is a very busy man," Lou says.

"My husband and I pay thousands per year for Harry and now Louis to come here. I don't appreciate how you're acting right now," Zayn fires at the helpers.

They all look at him with a bit of terror, aside from Lou. She purses her lips at him as if he's a fly on the wall, needing a good smack.

"Zayn, you've been asked to come back later. Don't make me call security," she threatens.

"Fine, I'll just escort myself to his office," he says walking past the desk.

"Wait," calls Vanessa. "You're not allowed back there!"

Zayn keeps walking, knowing exactly where to find the man in charge.

He hears male names being yelled out before he is surrounded by three large men. They put their hands on his shoulders and he practically growls.

"I'm not leaving until I talk to Simon," he declares.

"I believe Miss Louise told you no," a man with a scruffy beard says.

Out of nowhere appears Zayn's answer. "Gentlemen, let him go. I can talk to him now."

Simon Cowell. The founder of the community. The owner of the daycare. The man in charge of collecting fees from the parents to help pay off the government and keep their community a secret. He holds more power than anyone else and what he says goes.

"Ah, Mr. Malik. Nice of you to drop by. Please, step into my office with me," the man says, slowly chewing on a piece of gum with his rat teeth and staring at Zayn with his beady rat eyes.

"Simon," Zayn greets with a nod.

They enter the large office and the older man gestures for Zayn to take the seat in front of his desk as he prepares the both of them some coffee.