I Love The Red Ranger

"Can we watch Power Rangers," Louis asks around a yawn. He's holding Zayn's hand as the daddies take them downstairs.

"You may, but only if you promise not to be fussy when breakfast is ready," the man bargains.

"Promise," Louis agrees.

They let the brothers lay down together on the couch. Harry is still half asleep and he rests his head in Louis' lap like always. Whenever he and Louis lay like this, Harry looks and acts more like a kitten than a boy. He moves his head against his brother's hands to get more movement in his curls. Liam turns on Netflix and clicks resume playing on the current episode the boys are on.

The daddies leave the littles alone in the room and enter the kitchen. Sitting at the table by himself is Niall. He's shoveling cereal into his mouth and reading the back of the box.

"Hey, Baby. Where's Nick," Liam asks.

"Still asleep," he shrugs.

"Did you come down here by yourself to get your breakfast?"

"Yeah...."

"Ni, one of us would've happily helped you," Liam says.

"I...don't know if I want help," he says.

"What do you mean," Zayn asks.

"I just feel a little crowded right now. I appreciate your help, but I've spent the last few years like this and I just...don't know how much longer I can do it," he explains.

"So you want to be a big boy," Liam asks.

The blond cringes. "No, I want to be 20."

"Buddy, it's a pretty big transition to do that over night," the brunette says.

"I know. I just haven't exactly had the best experience," he whispers.

"But you should really do this little by little," warns the older husband.

"But I spent 18 years being normal. It shouldn't be too hard...."

"Niall, listen to us. We know how to help you."

The blond lets out a sigh and and sets his spoon down in the bowl. "I'm just so tired of always having to listen. Just once I'd like to make my own decisions. Choose my own future."

"Is there anything we can do for you," Zayn asks.

"I'm not sure," Niall says. He stands from the table and puts his bowl in the sink. "Is there any way I could borrow some clothes from Harry and Louis' closet?"

"Yeah, go ahead," Zayn says.

The boy leaves the two stunned men behind and walks out of the kitchen. He goes through the small hallway into the living room where Louis and Harry are.

"Niall," Louis says.

At the call of his friend's name, Harry sits up. "NiNi! Whatcha doing here? Where's Uncle J?"

Niall just looks at them and stays quiet. Louis immediately knows something is wrong, so he decides to let make the younger boy feel more comfortable. "Wanna watch Power Ranger with us?"

"Uh," Niall says, not really knowing what to do.

"Pwease," Harry begs. The boy sticks out his bottom lip and puppy pouts.

"I guess," he sighs.

Harry practically sits in Louis' lap to make room for his Irish friend on the sofa. There would have been plenty of extra room if he just sat normally in the middle, but this is Harry, and Harry likes to constantly be touching someone. And Louis doesn't mind.