The Unexpected Visitor

OMG, I'm so over whelmed with all of the votes and feedback! You all are so great!:) 

Comment and vote :D 

The hardest part was over. Telling Austin was pretty rough but what made things smoother was the fact that he was going to be there no matter what the outcome was and it made me melt. I can't deny that I might be falling in love with the guy. 

Brian however, had been avoiding me through out the next two weeks. 

Coming up on the three months was the thing I was deeply regretting and not looking forward to. After going to a doctor's appointment and getting the OK to get the DNA paternal test done, I knew the worst was about to begin. 

Besides the testing, I wasn't looking forward to telling Matt for the same reason that whatever the results were, I'd end up with a pretty pissed off brother. I didn't know when to tell him or how to even approach him. I wasn't even sure if I was going to. Running away from Huntington Beach sounded like the greatest idea ever. 

But it had to be done and by it, I mean the test. Austin was more than willing to get the test done when the date came. Brian, on the other hand, wasn't. He didn't want anything to do with me or the baby. I didn't care because either way my child would have a father, Austin. I wasn't depending on him but everyday he'd remind me that he would be there for the munchkin and I. 

I had just about had it with Brian avoiding me. I needed to get his DNA and it was going to be done, one way or another. 

I arrived at his house just as Michelle was leaving to work which sent me into a hidden state of shock. I bet she was questioning why I was even there.

"Hi hun." She said, reaching her car. I shyly waved shoving my hands into the pockets of my sweater. "What are you doing here?" 

"I came to talk to Brian about starting his... SYN clothing line again." I lied. 

She nodded, "Oh yeah, he was talking about that and something about selling Hellwin shirts to start promoting the amplification system. That's cool. I was just leaving. There's some scrambled egg on the stove and coffee in the pot. Feel free to get some. I'll see you later." 

I waved to her, walking backwards on the pathway, "Totally. Thanks." What a close call. 

I knocked on the door and Brian answered. His expression was the blankest I've ever seen.  He definitely didn't expect to see me nor did he look happy to see me. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I need to speak to you about something..." I said, leaning against the door way.

He peeked outside and looked around before opening the door, "Come on in." I entered the house and was hit by a straight wave of negativity as if I wasn't even wanted  there... Well I wasn't. "What's up?" 

"Nothing." I nonchalantly said, taking a seat on the couch as he sat on the arm rest of a chair nearby. 

"So..." He started, biting down on his nail.  "What did you come for?"  

"Well, it's been ten weeks and I kind of want to know if the baby is your's or Austin's and the only way to find out is if we take a DNA te-"

He raised his hand, stopping me from continuing on anymore. "Isabella, I don't want to do the test." 

I narrowed in my eyebrows, getting pretty pissed off and confused. "Why not?" 

"For starters, I can't have that child be mine. And what is Michelle gonna say when she sees me leaving to go to the doctor's? She's gonna freak out and divorce my ass! I can't have that!"

"Okay, I get that but I want to know who's baby it is before I can tell Matt or anyone..." 

"Tell him it's Austin's." He said in a careless manner. "Isabella, I'm not taking a test, at all." 

"Why?! Are you scared of the truth?" 

He shook his head, rolling his eyes and denying everything, "I'm not scared of the truth. I've faced the truth. I'm scared of Michelle, the one woman I love more than my own life, leaving me." 

"You should have thought of that before fucking me..." 

"You should leave." 

I stood up, completely bruised, beaten and knocked down, but I wasn't going to give up there... "Brian." I said holding open the door, "You don't have to take the test, but it's going to be a bummer when the kid, if it is your's takes 50% of your daily income. Child support. Read about it, learn about it." 

"I'll deny everything."

"Don't you always?" I said, as attitude poured out of my words. 

It was official, I was done with Brian. For now. For good.