The Sound of Silence

Sorry for the wait, here's an update! I love you all :D 

Comment and vote!!<3

I wasn't going to stop at Brian's refusal to take the test. As long as Austin was willing to do so, so was I. We headed down to a clinic in Seal Beach to get the blood work and CVS procedure done. It was happening so fast and all I wanted to do was know the results.

"Okay, take a deep breath, let it out. Two, three. Very good." The nurse praised after she stuck him with a needle. His eyes widened and he silently cursed at her, making me laugh under my breath. "Alright, that's enough." She carefully and quickly pulled the needle out from his forearm, placing a cotton swab on the small wound. "Okay, I'll send these to the lab and in a few days, we'll call you and tell you the results." 

"Thank you." I said, slowly standing up. I was feeling the after pain of the CVS procedure and it sucked. It felt worse than being sore after a night of having some sexual fun, if you know what I mean. 

Austin followed me out, rubbing his arm. "That shit hurt." He complained as he put his jacket on. "I didn't think it would hurt that much. Stupid lady." 

I laughed, interweaving our hands together. "Quit whining. It was just a little pinch." 

"I'll give you a little pinch." He teased gently slapping my ass, causing me to jump up.

"Austin!" A female voice said from behind us. I turned around and saw his ex, Gielle... Needless to say, it made me jealous; actually, I've always been jealous of her. She's so perfect. I took a look at Austin who was trying his hardest to keep his composure. "Oh my God, what are you doing here?" 

"Uh..." He started. "I'm here because I uh-" 

"Isabella?" She asked, making sure it was me. I nodded, waving. "Oh my God are two expecting a baby?" Again, I nodded, feeling a bit hurt that Austin failed to answer her question about our baby. "Congrats! I didn't think you had it in you Austin, you know, since you said you didn't want a baby." With that, I turned to Austin who stood silent... Dead silent. He kept his eyes on the ground, taking deep breaths. "Anyways, it was great seeing you two. I have to run." 

"Bye, Gie." I said, waving her off. 

Instead of staying there with Austin and his state of shock, I made my way out of the office waiting room and headed to the car. 

From behind, I could hear Austin's pitter-patter running after me, shouting my name. I didn't want to turn around for the same reason that I was pretty mad at him for his lack of words and actions. 

If I didn't feel like a shit bag already, I now had a reason to. Austin never wanted a baby and just like Brian made me feel, Austin's silence was making me feel the same way. Worthless. 

"Hey." He said catching up to me. "Isabella, what the fuck? I've been calling your-"

"Why did you just stand there like an idiot? Why couldn't you tell her about the baby, Austin?" 

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "I'm sorry okay? I froze up. It's not every fucking day you meet up with your ex-wife at a gynecologist office. I'm not ashamed of this dilemma between us babe." 

I didn't buy his excuse. I knew he was a little bit hesitant to tell people. Hell, so was I but I had no choice. "Whatever. Just take me home." 

"I thought you wanted to go out and eat something? I thought we had this day pla-" 

"That was before you did what you did. You seriously make it seem like you still have feelings for her. And honestly," I started, taking a deep breath, "It looks like you do..."