Mums The Word

<33

Normal POV

Matt, impatiently sat in the emergency room's waiting area as he waited to get an update on Isabella's condition. He couldn't help but bounce his knee up and down, giving the people sitting beside him a personal earthquake.

He felt horrible for screaming at his younger sister and starting a fight that could've easily been prevented if he would have just kept his mouth shut. But for Matt, it's a pretty tough task to do so. 

"Matthew!" His mother, Kim, shouted running into the emergency waiting area. He stood up and held his arms out, catching her before she could crash into his chest. "Where's my baby?" 

"Mom," His voice shook, "Please relax." 

"Relax?" She asked, raising her voice, "I cannot relax Matthew! My daughter is in there unconscious and none of us know of her condition! So do not tell me to relax!" 

"Can I at least tell you what happened?" 

She shook her head as tears slowly fell down her cheeks, "Let me go. I want to see my daughter."Although Kim fought Matt's firm grip, she wasn't able to remove herself from him. She settled on crying into his chest as these waves of worry washed over her. "I want to see my daughter... I have to know she's okay." 

He hugged his mother tightly, silently crying above her head, "I know mom." His voice cracked. "She's going to be okay... I promise." 

"What happened? Why did she faint?" She asked. 

Matt found a focus point on the wall and simply stared at it, debating whether or not to tell his mother that his little sister is pregnant. He certainly did not want to burn her out, but Kimberly had every right to know what actually caused Isabella to faint. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a small peep. 

"You have to tell me." She ordered, detaching herself from his torso. He gave her a suspicious look before, sighing, "Matt... Now.

"Mom, you should sit down..." 

"Matthew." She said sitting down on the chair just a few feet away from her. 

He sat beside her, running his hand through his somewhat long hair. He let out another sigh-- A sign Kim knew meant he was nervous and possibly hiding something serious. "Okay... I know you've always taught us to be safe and not do drugs and-" 

"She did drugs?" Kim asked, her face growing with even more sadness and worry.

"No, mom." Matt quickly responded, "She's not that stupid..." He pondered for a second,  "Well... I can't say she's not that stupid because well... Mom, she's pregnant." 

"What?" Kim's voice went from soft and full of worry to angry and full of betrayal. "Are you serious? She's pregnant?! With who's child? Who- What? How did this happen? Where was I? Why hadn't she told me, or Gary? What's w- Ugh!" She grunted, rubbing her temples. 

He froze at 'With who's child?'. After Isabella admitted to the baby being Brian's, he, himself, was still in shock and trying to cope with the whole idea that his best friend's child is in his little sister. The thought of that made Matt cringe.

"Answer me, Matt..." His mom called out, gaining his attention. She raised her eyebrows, urging him to continue. "Well?"

As much as he hated what came out of his mouth next, he knew it was necessary to save not only Brian's ass, but the gossip that would eventually reach everyone in the Avenged Sevenfold family. "Austin's. It's Austin's... That guy that Isabella's been dating for months now."