THE FINAL CHAPTER

AUGUST 2, 2017

Adulting is f'ing hard... As life goes on, so do interests . I'm not saying I lost interest in bands, but I've lost interest in writing this book. I didn't want to end it like THAT without an explanation or a summary as to what happens with everything, so here it is. 

I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. It was a pleasure writing. I LOVE YOU ALL.

After Jimmy's passing, everyone in the band was trying to gather their thoughts before they decided whether or not to move on without Jimmy.

Brian was still completely devastated by the loss of his best friend, but found some happiness knowing the baby Isabella was carrying was his. However, he had yet to tell Michelle that he had cheated on her and was expecting a child with their best friend's younger sister.

Austin was still on the fence about a lot of things, but chose to move on from Isabella. He figured their friendship meant more than any feelings he had for her. Plus, he already knew the baby wasn't his. He kept in mind that if down the road, when Isabella's life was on the right track and if he still had feelings for her, he'd confront her and have her become aware.

After returning to Warped Tour, Austin found himself messing around with several women. But even that couldn't make him happy. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help but feel like he was cheating on Isabella.

Several weeks after Warped Tour was over, Austin and Isabella hung out for the first time as friends. During their time together, Austin told Isabella that he would no longer be pursuing her from that point on. The evening was full of tears. Isabella left his house and slept over Matt's and Valary's house. Both Matt and Isabella relived their childhood by hiding in a walk in closet located in Matt's newborn son's room. They ate McDonald's, Jack in the Box and brought in packs of Doritos and tons of Sparkling Water. They talked about everything under the sun; from Isabella's baby to caloric intake. The two eventually fell asleep and woke up to a crying baby. Later that day, Isabella would discover that Brian had no intention on telling Michelle anything until after the baby was born. While this didn't sit well with her, Isabella was fed up with everything and could careless.

Weeks later, and still no contact with Austin and no progress with Brian, Isabella went to a follow up appointment. The gynecologist found the baby's heartbeat to be irregular and mentioned that they'd need to watch out for signs of heart problems while he was still in the womb. The doctor also mentioned that this could be hereditary and suggested she get a Chorionic villus sampling to rule out various syndromes.

For several days leading up to the appointment and procedure, Isabella was worried and informed Brian what was going on. Although he was quick to offer his assistance anyway he could, he knew driving her was the most he could actually do. Because of that, Matt was the one who stuck with her throughout the procedure and post-procedure.

Weeks passed as they waited for results and when they finally came in, the diagnosis was not only shocking but confirmatory. The ruling presented that the child's cell sample had traits of Marfan's Syndrome. Isabella was devastated. What mother wants to hear her child could be sick for life? Then again, it made something very clear. The child was Austin's as he has Marfan's Syndrome.

When the realization set in, Isabella told her mother and father everything. She came clean. They were disappointed, but they were 100% supportive of their daughter. Matt was sworn to secrecy—he could not tell Brian anything. It had to come straight from Isabella.

She first had to tell the father. So, she took herself to Austin's house only to find herself interrupting a date he was having. Austin was hesitant to let her in but could tell it was something very important as she had a worried look etched on her face. He put his date on hold and led Isabella into his bedroom where she showed him the results and explained everything to him. He was shocked, but extremely happy. Isabella told him to continue his date, mentioning that they'd start on a new slate the following day.

But telling Brian wasn't easy. It took her weeks to come clean to Brian. When she finally did, it sent Brian into a whirlwind of emotions and rage. He took his anger out on Michelle, screaming and cursing at her while he was drunk. It only took her a few days to get tired of it, as she packed her bags and left.

Desperate to make his marriage work, Brian met Michelle at her parent's house where he also came clean to her about everything. She was distraught and felt like there was no bouncing back from something like this. She managed to find closure and days after this event, she had Valary serve Brian with divorce papers.

This also drove Brian into another whirlwind of emotions and rage, as he went over to Isabella's apartment one day—while Austin was there helping her build a crib—and become violent with every piece of furniture around. He broke lamps, chairs, tables—anything he could find. Austin wasn't strong enough to hold Brian back, so instead he called Matt and Matt was over in less than ten minutes to knock some sense into Brian. Offering his assistance, Matt helped Brian find a therapist. This was the beginning of a new life for Brian.

Several weeks later, Austin and Isabella chose to move in to a new condo together. They started over new and were excited about their family.

At the baby shower, Isabella received a gift from Brian—a pair of infant Doc Martens he had bought when he still believed the baby, whose name would be Asher, was his.

Late one night, Isabella drove over to Brian's house and apologized for everything she put him through. He told her he forgave her and apologized for making her life a living hell, but also had her understand that it was as though she tore a piece of him away. He was grateful this happened, however, because it allowed him to start over new. He was proving himself to Michelle and she decided not to divorce him, but to work on everything together. She wished him the best and went her separate ways, hoping to rebuild a friendship with him down the road.

The waters were now calm...Which was a perfect way to welcome Asher Axel Carlile into the world.

A year down the road, Austin ended up buying a house for the family and also bought their first dog—Murca—together.

The following year was quite difficult as Austin was become more and more ill. This forced him to quit Of Mice and Men, but it also gave him the opportunity to spend time with his growing family.

2017 was fully of heart breaks and blessings. Though Austin wasn't in the band anymore, he found God and introduced the gift of Christianity to Isabella, Asher and their newborn son, Issac and found happiness through Him.

The years to follow would be full of trials and tribulations, but one thing is for sure—they all made it out alive.