☾Chapter 3

I fiddle with my fork at dinnertime, just playing with my food more than actually eating it.

"Eat," Kyle demands.

I continue to play with the mash potato, not caring what he does to me for not eating it. Suddenly, he slams his hand on the table and I shut my eyes tightly.

"Allison Joy Fitzgerald, you get your goddamn food now!" he yells strictly.

I sigh and put a small portion of mash potato into my mouth, wanting to spit it out so desperately. I look at him and make the 'mmm,' sound and the satisfaction face, lying about how bad it actually tastes.

"Good girl," he says.

I shudder, remembering what happened today. Good girl is what uncle Peter called me earlier. All the memories start flooding in again.

After dinner, I sit and watch some cartoons on the television. I guess this is one of my escapes, away from Kyle. It makes me forget about him for a while, which is what I need right now. The doorbell suddenly rings and Kyle runs to get it.

"What took you so long?" he says to somebody.

"Getting ready for you," I hear a woman's voice reply.

She walks in, wearing a long fur coat, and she and Kyle begin making out. I look away and turn the volume up louder. She has got to be at least twenty something years old.

Kyle unbuttons her coat and it drops down to the floor, revealing her underwear. It looks exactly like the one uncle Peter made me wear earlier today, except hers is black. He whispers something in her ear and she giggles and nods. He takes her into his bedroom and slams the door, and I hear the lock click.

I guess I should be used to it by now. Kyle has a new woman coming in every week, and all I hear late at night is the sex noises from his bedroom. I never knew much about sex, not before uncle Peter showed me exactly what it was today. He says he was just "educating" me about it so I know for the future, but I don't think that's the right way to do it...right? I feel shivers down my spine just thinking about what he did to me – how could anyone think that feels good?

An hour later, the noises settle down. Just then, Kyle's bedroom door swings open and he's adjusting his clothing and the woman is buttoning her coat back up, as she closes the front door behind her.

Kyle looks up at the clock. "Hmm, 5pm. We have some time to spare, right?" he says.

"I guess," I mumble.

"Why don't you say we go to Wilshire Boulevard for a little? It's really nice there. Besides, it's been a while since I took you to Beverly Hills – or even just out, right?"

I smile. "Yes!" I beam. I'm excited to be going out somewhere, as Kyle hardly ever takes me out anywhere.

"Get changed. We're leaving in ten minutes."

I run to my room excitedly to get changed. I'm actually going somewhere.

As soon as I'm ready, in my converse and skinny jeans and white t-shirt with my purple jacket, my hair in little bows like Mommy used to do my hair in – I'm ready to leave.

I get into the car with Kyle, and soon he starts driving away.

"Oh and Allison," he says to me without taking his eyes off the road, "you don't need to worry about getting out of the car quickly this time. Since I'm taking you out, I decided to be a little lenient on you – a little."

"Thanks, Kyle..." I say.

Best thing he's said to me after my mom died.

~

Vote, comment, rate pls <3 :)