☾Chapter 7

I walk upstairs to my bedroom without saying anything. I close my door and lay on my bed. It's then I hear Daddy knocking on my door.

  "Allison? Let Daddy in please," he says calmly.

  I ignore it for a while and he knocks again. "Allison?"

  I roll my eyes and open the door. "What?" I ask quietly.

  "You seem snappy today darling, what happened? Do you not like Lisa?"

  "I do like her," I say, lying a little bit about liking her.

  "Right," he says, not buying it. "So what's the problem?"

  "There is no problem," I drag it on, folding my arms.

  "Get rid of the attitude please," he says in a more serious tone. I'm taken back a little, as this is the first time Daddy has ever been serious with me. 

  He notices my facial expression and sighs. "Could you please tell me what the matter is? You were quiet all car ride long."

  "I told you, stomachache."

  "Anything else?"

  I pretend to think for a moment. "Nope!" I say and attempt to close the door, but he stops it with his foot.

  "Allison please."

  "Alright, fine! Come in," I yell, stepping aside and letting him in the room.

  He walks in and takes a seat on my bed, patting the space next to him.

  "What is it babygirl?" he asks, moving some hair back from my shoulder.

  "I told you so many times already but you never listen to me!" I say.

  "What?"

  "School, Dad! I want to go to school! You just never listen to me," I say, sighing.

  "Is that why you've been all little miss moody lately?"

  "I guess so."

  "Alright, listen, I'll make a deal with you. If I send you to school, I want you to be a little nicer to people."

  I huff. "Since when am I not nice?"

  "I'm just saying. Because sometimes you can get a bit snappy with people...like with me today after I brought you home from the park."

  "Fine. I promise to be a good girl Daddy, just take me to school, please?" I give him the puppy dog eyes.

  "Okay, I'll see what I can do. And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, before..."

  I squeeze him tightly. "It's okay Daddy. You're the best Daddy in the whole world and I love you."

  "I love you more, beautiful," he kisses my forehead, "I love you more."

  ☾

I've been sitting in my room for hours, just playing with my toys once Daddy told me that he was going to see what he could do about finding a school for me. I sure hope that he knows what he's doing, or that he didn't forget like he forgets to take his car keys before he leaves the house.

  Suddenly my bedroom door swings open, and it's Daddy. "Guess what, I-" he begins.

  "I'm sorry Daddy, but what do we do before we come in?" I  remind him.

  He rolls his eyes playfully. "We knock," he says.

  "That's right, go out and do it please."

  He chuckles and closes the door again, this time knocking on it and waits for me to answer.

  "Come in!" I call.

  He walks in and smiles. "As I was gonna say, I found a school for you!" he expresses enthusiastically.

  "Really?" I beam and stand up.

  "Yes, really. It's called Buckley middle school, and you start on Monday."

  "YAY, THANK YOU SO MUCH DADDY!" I scream happily, hugging him tightly.

  He returns the hug and kisses me all over my cheeks. "Anything for you. I just want you to be happy because I love you so much," he pulls away, "and I'm sorry if I haven't been listening to you lately. A child should never be neglected and I'm not that type of Daddy to you, honest."

  "It's okay Daddy, I understand."

  "There's only one thing we need to do before you start," he says.

  "What's that?"

  He smiles. "We need to go school shopping."

~

Story is bound to get interesting real soon :)