☾Chapter 31

I look out the window, waiting for Daddy's limo to appear. He comes home today, and I couldn't be more excited.

  "He should be here soon," says Lisa.

  "Well, when?" I ask.

  "I don't know but-" Lisa stops talking when we both suddenly see the black limo pull into the driveway.

  "HE'S HERE, HE'S HERE!" I scream, running out of the front door.

  "Wait, Allison!" Lisa calls after me.

  As Daddy climbs out of the limo, he shuts the door tiredly and as soon as he sees me, he says, "Allison!" opening his arms wide.

  I run into his arms and hug him tightly. "Daddy, I missed you so much," I say.

  "I missed you more," he responds, placing a sloppy kiss on my cheek. He then looks up and sees Lisa politely waiting. He smiles at her and she runs into his arms like never before.

  "Baby, it's only been a month since I came and checked on you," says Daddy.

  "Well, now you're staying for longer and that's better," Lisa replies.

  "Of course I am," he pulls away, "how can I not? With that beautiful little thing blooming inside of your tummy, I need to be here for that."

  Lisa giggles and says, "I'm glad you're home baby, I missed you."

  "Me too," I say.

  Daddy laughs. "I love you both," he bends down to kiss Lisa's stomach, "and I love you too, little Jackson."

  "Come on, let's go inside," he says.

  ☾

It's midnight, and I can't sleep after the excitement of today. After Daddy arrived, we had some time to catch up and talk and play for hours, which left me exhausted. Lisa kept heavily breathing and taking a break every ten minutes. I don't know why, and Daddy was really worried about her, so he let her sit down and rest for most of the time.

  My eyelids are droopy and I feel exhausted, almost about to fall asleep, when suddenly I hear screaming coming from the other room.

  "MICHAEL, GET THE BAG!" I hear Lisa's voice, causing me to jump.

  I instantly sit up and run out of bed, stopping near my door. I open it just a crack and hear Daddy scream, "Oh God it's happening, okay baby stay calm, I'll go get Allison!"

  Daddy flings my door open within a second and he picks me up from underneath my knees and brings me downstairs. "Lisa's going into labour!" he frantically yells, putting me down once we reach the front door. "Put your shoes and jacket on, we need to leave!" He runs back upstairs to get Lisa.

  I look around. "Okay...I'll just," I yawn, "hang back here, then." I lean myself up against the door, tired as ever.

  Daddy then comes back down, helping Lisa walk down the stairs slowly, as he rubs her back and holds her hand. She's going into labour...wait – Lisa is going into labour? Man, I'm going to be an older sister, Lisa is going to be a mother, and Daddy, a father – again, of course.

  "OH GOD, GO!" Lisa screams, clutching her huge belly.

  I fling my jacket and sneakers on, when Daddy yells as he reaches the end of the staircase, "Allison open the door!"

  I open the front door and Daddy hands me the bag full of stuff, motioning me to hurry up and get out first, Lisa following behind.

  We all jump in Daddy's car and he starts the engine. Let's see if we'll make it out alive tonight, especially with his driving skills. He presses the petal and the car speeds at full limit, driving as fast as he possibly can get to the hospital.

  "Daddy watch out-" I yell as he's about to hit another car coming towards us. The car just spins out of the way and Daddy steers the car to the left, pushing the petal forward and continuing to drive.

  I clutch my chest and look back at Lisa sprawled out in the backseat, making all sorts of noises and yells for him to hurry up. As we're finally approaching the hospital, (after a long while of and dodging red lights and stop signs) I sit back and hyperventilate for a few seconds.

  "Come on, out," he says to me, getting out of the car and grabbing Lisa from the back. I shut the car door, grabbing the bag and follow Lisa and Daddy walking up to the front of the hospital.

  "Help," Daddy calls, walking inside, "my wife's about to give birth."

  A couple of nurses roll in a wheel chair and Lisa sits on it, still screaming and holding her stomach.

  "M-MICHAEL!" she screams.

  He kisses her hand. "I'm right here baby, I'm right here."

  "AH!" she flings her head back.

  They push the wheelchair faster and faster, and I'm trying to keep up with them. When we reach the delivery room, they quickly change Lisa into a hospital gown, setting her on the bed and spreading her legs apart.

  "Alright honey, this is it, the moment we've been waiting for, are you ready?" asks Daddy, taking the seat next to her as I stand next to him.

  "FUC-"

  "Fudge!" Michael cuts Lisa off. "Baby it's alright, swearing isn't necessary."

  "FOR FUCKS SAKE MICHAEL I'M GIVING BIRTH!" Lisa screams.

  I snicker, trying not to laugh at this inappropriate time to do it.

  "Okay honey, on three, you push as hard as you can!" one of the nurses say, "one...two...three!"

Lisa pushes with all of her strength, followed by a huge scream.

"Come on, Lisa!" I encourage.

  Daddy holds her hand and strokes head, giving her words of encouragement, "You can do it Lisa, you can. Do it for us."

  "AH!" Lisa screams again, pushing even harder. Her face turns red, sweat forms on her forehead, and after way too long of pushing and pushing and pushing, I hear the baby's first cry.

  "Oh...my...God," Daddy whispers.

  The baby continues to cry as the nurses pull out the rest of the baby's tiny body.

  "It's a boy!" the nurse says excitedly.

  Lisa and Daddy exchange looks and smile, as their baby boy is handed to Lisa, wrapped in a little yellow blanket. His eyes are shut, his mouth is wide open, making little crying sounds.

  "He's so beautiful," Lisa says in exhaustion, "just like his daddy." She turns to Daddy, and he has the proudest look on his face ever.

  He begins tearing up a little, sniffling and wiping the droplets of tears away. "My God, I can't believe it," he whispers, stroking his finger across the baby's cheek.

  "Aww, he's so cute," I say, touching his little chin.

  "You've got a baby brother Allison," says Daddy. "And...we've decided we're naming him Prince Michael."

  "Prince," Lisa says, looking down at the baby with a smile.

  "How do you feel?" Daddy asks Lisa.

  "Just..."

  "Tired?" I ask.

  "Yeah," she says tiredly, slowly closing her eyes.

  Daddy gently lifts the baby and rocks it back and fourth and says, "Welcome to the world," he kisses the top of the baby's head, "Prince Jackson." 

  I smile. February 13th 1993, Prince Jackson was born.

'