☾Chapter 11

As the days go by, Daddy has been sitting in the limo with me as I go to school each day. But eventually, I've been seeing less and less of him every time. I guess it's because I've adjusted to the new routine, and that I told him I'll be fine without him sometimes.

Although I like school, juggling that and therapy sessions have become a bit much. I'll have to speak to Daddy about forgetting about those sessions, since I seem to be doing better these days. Cindy hasn't been bothering me anymore either, in fact, she stopped after my first day. I never really knew what happened with that.

  I walk downstairs into the living room and spot Daddy sitting on the couch and watching the news on television, which is weird because he hardly ever watches it, and always tells me not to watch it either. He wouldn't really tell me the reason, he just says it's "bad" but I know he doesn't want me to see a crazy story of him that he might think I'll believe – which I never do anyway – they're all just dumb lies, and he explained that to me as well.

  Just then I see a news report pop up on him...and Lisa. I stand behind him quietly and watch.

  "Just yesterday morning, Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley were spotted outside a café. Paparazzi swarmed them with pictures as fans went crazy for autographs, leaving them in exhilaration. Back to you John," expresses the news anchor.

  "Thank you Sarah, and yes this was the first time that Michael was spotted out again after his appearance when he was walking out of a courtroom in victory just about two months ago, winning custody of a young girl named Allison Fitzgerald."

  I gasp as they then show a video clip of Daddy and I walking out of the courtroom after he had just won custody of me. The only question is – how in the world do they know what my last name was before I was adopted?"

  Daddy turns around and shuts the television off, sighing. "Allison, I'm sorry you had to see that," he says. "I knew it was going to end up on the news but I didn't think that-"

  "It's alright Daddy," I say. "I get it, you're famous and all, and I understand that. I bet you're sick of that, huh?"

  He smiles. "It's not always like that, there are some good parts to being as famous as I am as well."

  "Like what?"

  "Well, I get to travel and meet new people, see the fans, perform – and I love performing. I also love being able to write songs and share my work with the world. In fact, how would you like to visit my recording studio?"

  "What? When? Where?" I ask excitedly.

  "I'll show you."

  I follow him down the hall and up some stairs. I've only seen so much of this house in two months, I don't really know it all from top to bottom, but I'm still getting used to it. He opens the door and I look around in awe. It looks like the recording studios you see on television – only better. There are mikes, chairs, lyrics sprawled on the tables, a separate booth for recording, it looks so cool.

  "Well, what do you think?" he asks.

  "I love it, it looks so...so...cosy," I say.

  He chuckles. "Cosy?"

  "Yeah," I take a seat on the sofa, "why didn't you show me this before?"

  "I wanted to show you eventually, but I didn't know when I'd get to do it. I figured now seems like a perfect time."

  It was silent for a moment until I get an idea. "Hey Daddy...can you sing one of your songs for me?"

  "I don't know Ally, I'm really shy."

  I laugh loudly.

  "What's so funny?"

  "N-Nothing," I say as I settle down a little, "It's just that how can you be shy when you perform in front of thousands of people all the time?"

  "It's different when you're giving one person a performance. But I suppose if you wanna hear one, I can sing it, I guess," he shyly says.

  "Yay Daddy!"

  He rubs his hands together and goes inside the booth. I wait for him to get ready, and for a song to start playing. Slowly, a few lights fade and little bright ones shine above the studio instead. Then, music starts playing, and by the chord in the beginning, I recognize which song it is...will you be there, one of my favorites.

  I smile as he begins to sing. I'm actually hearing my daddy sing something for real, not just on a CD.

~

Sorry for the long wait, i'll update more often! Hope you're enjoying the story :) xoxo