☾Chapter 26

Looks like i'm doing an update a day due to popular demand, lol. I love u guys xox.

Oh, and warning: The following part contains graphic content! Read at your own risk!

'

Today is Daddy and Lisa's wedding. There's just something about today that feels weird, although I can't put my finger on it. I'm waiting in a little room in the back, all ready as the flower girl. One of the bridesmaids showed me how to throw the flowers on the ground properly – yeah, as if I need a tutorial on that.

  I look at myself in the mirror and smile. I have the pretty dress on with the heels, my hair is out with a silver headband above the part to the side, I have small silver eyeliner wing on, and of course they had to cover up my – becoming less noticeable by the day – bruise. Every time I look it, I think of how much I hate Cindy...and I'm going back to school tomorrow. Right, tomorrow's Monday. Man, that was two weeks already? And all I've been doing was being forced to prepare. What a waste of my break.

  "Allison? You ready?" one of Lisa's five bridesmaids asks me.

  I look back at the mirror and clutch the basket full of white flowers in my hand. "As I'll ever be," I reply.

  "Great," she says. I follow her out and I spot Lisa standing just before where she needs to walk all the way up to unite with Daddy. The dress looks really nice on her, her hair is done in a half up do with thick curls, mild makeup on, she's holding a small bouquet of colorful flowers, and a diamond bracelet with a love heart on it that my daddy bought for her.

  Things will change for many people today. Lisa will be my step mom, Daddy will be married at thirty-four years old, Lisa at twenty-four, and I just wonder how everything will settle in. And especially if I'll end up having a baby brother or sister, and when they're planning on telling me – especially that.

  "Oh my goodness Lisa, you're so beautiful," one of the women compliments.

  "Thank you very much. Well, I guess this is it. Dad, walk me down the aisle, will you?" Lisa says, looking up at the sky.

  Somehow, that broke my heart. I guess it's because I know how it feels to lose a parent. It's then I remember my mom and how I don't want anyone replacing her, not even Lisa for Daddy. This just doesn't seem right. I don't want to do this. Life is moving too quick, I-

  "Allison?" Lisa calls, snapping me out of my exhilarating thoughts.

  I gulp, trying not to cry. "Y-Yeah?"

  "Get ready to walk first."

  I make the "oh" face, and stand before Lisa. Soon, the wedding bells start ringing and "here comes the bride" starts playing on the piano. I slowly walk, remembering to throw the flowers delicately everywhere as I go. I look at Daddy standing further up and smile at him, and he returns the smile.

He's wearing a black suit and his hair is out; it really looks good on him. I look past people on the side, smiling at me, some even whispering, "How cute." I inwardly roll my eyes and continue walking up the very, very, very long church hall, admiring the religious pictures and statues everywhere.

  As soon as I almost make it to where I'm supposed to stand, I feel someone's heel step on the back of my dress, when suddenly...

Rip!

  I feel my dress rip all the way up to my underwear, and I stop walking. I turn around and see Lisa standing directly behind me, her mouth agape. I look around and watch as people are staring at me, some even snickering.