☾Chapter 18

Once we're back home, Daddy walks upstairs without saying a word. He's been quiet for the whole ride, especially after Lisa has been dropped off back to her home as well. I wonder what's up with him, but I'm guessing it has something to do with Lisa and Tito being a little bit too friendly with each other back at the gathering – just a little bit.

I slide my hair tie out of my hair and let it hang loose. I take my white shoes off and walk upstairs to my room. I change out of the uncomfortable dress and put on my nightgown. I brush out my hair and slip some comfortable socks on. I lay on my bed, exhausted and hungry again, but also worried about Daddy.

I walk down the hallway, into his room and give it a gentle knock. "Daddy?" I ask. I waited a moment before he opened the door lazily, still in his suit, except his is hair looking all messy now.

"Yes Princes?" he answers.

"Why are you sad Daddy?"

He tries to smile. "Oh Princess...it's nothing really. Are you alright? Joseph didn't mean to scream at you, I promise. He used to do it to me all the time, it's just the way that he is." He lifts me up and sits me down on his large bed.

  "I'm okay now Daddy, but I wanna know about you. You seem down about something."

  He sighs. "It's not worth it darling, you wouldn't understand."

  "I could try to."

  "I just really-"

  The telephone suddenly rings, cutting him off. He gets up and answers the phone with a lazy, "Hello?"

  His facial expression changes and he starts to smile. "I know, Lisa, I know."

  I roll my eyes. It's her.

  "Aww, really? I love you more babygirl," he giggles, "yes, yes I will tell her now. Okay beautiful take care, I love you, bye." He hangs up the phone and turns to me.

  "I've got pretty good news," he says.

  I try acting excited. "What?" I ask.

  "Lisa and I are getting married in two weeks!" he beams.

  I shake my head. "What? That soon?"

  "Well I know it is pretty sudden, but I thought I'd mention it now because we're going to be doing a lot of preparation in the next couple weeks, and I want you to help."

  "Me? How can I  help?"

"Well, you can help us pick out a theme, a cake, where you think we should go on our honeymoon, etcetera."

"Where I think you should..." I start off angrily, but stop myself from saying anything I know I'll regret. He looks at me perplexed.

  "I mean, yeah, w-whatever," I finish.

  "Great! And the good news is, since you're off school, well for now, you and Lisa can bond together more, won't that be fun?"

  Bund.

  I chew on my lip. I did not get suspended for this.

  "Yeah."

  "What's wrong?" he asks, the happy expression fading from his face.

  "Nothing. I gotta do suspension homework, see ya," I say and walk off. That's been my excuse for pretty much everything these days, and although it's getting old, what else can I do?

'