☾Chapter 9

"Allison, wakey wakey beautiful girl," I hear Daddy's soft voice.

  I groan groggily and sit up. "Morning, Daddy." All of me is relieved I don't have to look at Kyle's face in the morning anymore. I'd always hate when he woke me up in the morning.

  "It's your first day," he reminds me, smoothing my messy hair back.

  I open my eyes and jump out of bed, running into the bathroom. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face, get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast.

  "I see you've gotten up quickly," says Daddy as he places a plate of pancakes in front of me.

  "Thanks Daddy," I say.

  As I finish up breakfast, I grab my bag and rush downstairs, eager to leave. "I'm ready!" I yell.

  "Young lady, you are not leaving the house lookin' like that," Daddy says, laughing. "And besides, it's only 8:15, we've got another twenty minutes before we have to leave."

  My smile fades as I look up and down at myself. "What's wrong with me?" I ask in confusion.

  "Nothing," he says. "It just has something to do with the fact that maybe you haven't brushed your hair, your uniform is a mess, your jacket isn't buttoned up all the way, your tie is all crooked, and the list goes on sweetheart."

  I pout in disappointment. "Sorry..." I say.

  "Hey it's alright. Here, let me help you." He leads me back to my bedroom upstairs and sits me down in front of my vanity.

  "Let's see what we can do here," he says, taking out a brush and silking out my knots. He divides my hair into two sections and begins braiding them, tying marron red ribbons at the end of it – maroon red, being my school color.

  "There, much better," he says.

  I look at myself in the mirror and smile. "I love it, thanks Daddy."

  "Really?" he asks, straightening my tie and buttoning my jacket up properly.

  "Yeah. Who knew Dads can braid hair?"

  "I can." He smooths my socks up and flings my backpack on my back, arms through the holes. "Now you're ready."

  We walk downstairs and the limo horn beeps.

  "Well, let's get going Daddy."

  We hop into the limo and start Bill begins driving off to school. I hear Daddy cry a little bit. "Daddy," I lift his chin up, "why are you crying?"

  He sniffles. "I'm sorry. I just want my baby to be safe at school. If I ever had a child I didn't think I'd be sending them to school. It's not too late to change your mind Princess. Do you wanna stay home? It's not too late, you can always-"

  "Daddy, I'm going!" I giggle.

  "Right, I'm sorry. I just, aww." He hugs me again and I hug him back.

  Before I know it, the limo halts to a stop and I stare outside the window. Class must've already started, but Daddy said that the principle assigned me to attend a little later because of the enrolment and stuff.

  He puts his dark shades on and walks out of the limo with me. I hold his hand as we walk into the hallway, spotting the principle's office. We see a lady walking out just as we're approaching it, and she stops and smiles.

  "Welcome to Buckley Allison, we're excited to have you here. I'm Mrs Quick, I'll be your principle," she says to me, bending down to my height.

  Mrs Quick has a dark brown bob, reading glasses, and just a very professional principle look. She's quite tall and thin as well, I might add. Although she looks about fifty years of age.