☾Chapter 39

The car pulls over at Amanda's house. "Well," she says, "wish me luck. I'm gonna see how my mom reacts knowing that I snuck out last night when I was supposed to be grounded and that she'll have to pick up her car from a workshop."

I chuckle. "Good luck," I say, watching her get out of the car and walk to her house.

The car continues to drive by and after another half hour or so, Paris and I are finally home.

I groggily sit up from the seat and look out the window. The Neverland gates shine beautifully and it's then I know that we're home.

"Paris," I shake her lightly. "Paris we're home, get up."

She rubs her little eyes and looks out the window, a small smile appearing on her cute, chubby pink cheeks.

"Home," she repeats.

"Thank you, we appreciate it," I tell the officer before getting out of the car with Paris. I stretch like never before, then buzz the gate button open. The black and gold gates depart slowly, and we walk in, up to the house, and I knock on the door nervously.

Dad opens the door, and immediately embraces us both. "Oh thank God," he says.

"DADDY!" Paris screams excitedly.

"My babies," he cries as we hug him back. For some reason, I begin to sob, as does Paris, and so does Dad.

"Daddy," I say into his chest.

He doesn't say anything else as he continues to just hug us both.

We pull away for some air and Dad says, "Paris, Allison, I was so worried about both of you."

"So was I," Lisa says, coming up from behind him.

"MOMMY!" Paris screams again, as we both embrace Lisa.

I turn to them both and say, "Dad, Lisa, I'm sorry for running away," I wipe my tears away, "I was just so scared, and I wanted Paris back so badly."

"Allison there's no need to be sorry," says Dad. "Were we scared? Yes. Were we missing you? Definitely. But after we got a call from the police officer saying that they found Paris and you together and that they're sending you both back home, that's all we cared about. And Allison, I just wanna say, Lisa and I are so, so, so proud of you."

"And the good news is, Kyle is being jailed for life," Lisa says. "Thank God for that."

I breathe a sigh of relief, feeling glad that Kyle won't be around to bother anyone anymore.

"I love you both so, so much," says Lisa.

"Me too, my beautiful girls," Dad adds.

Prince then walks into the room, beaming with happiness as soon as he sees Paris and I, running into both our arms. I bend down and hug them both. "Oh Prince," I say, "it's so good to see you too."

"I missed you two," he says sweetly.

"Me too," says Paris.

I smile and we all hug again, feeling thankful for our arrival back home, and even more thankful that I was brave enough to go out and look for Paris. I look up and do my cross, thanking Jesus.

"I did it," I whisper.

'

second update...