☾Chapter 42

This book is nearly over, one more part left guys! Let's make the most of it, read slowly, lol. I'll sure miss updating, and i guess this is the saddest i've ever been to post the final parts, aha.

But please, i just wanted to let you know that i have a life and i can't always update, no matter how much you love the book, which i appreciate. Without further ado, enjoy :) <3

'

It's February 1st today, which means I turn eighteen. I can't believe I'm not seventeen anymore. Something about the adult legal age makes me feel weird.

It feels like yesterday when I dodged my way around Dad's Jeep, rolling on the sidewalk and crying as I clutched my bloody knee, when he then approached me and saved my life from Kyle – he adopted me. I sometimes forget I'm adopted. I've picked up traits from my dad now that I will forever cherish from his learning skills. It's what makes us the father-daughter like in that way.

I got up early this morning. I guess it was because I was too excited. I sit outside in the breezy wind, looking across the 7am sky, holding my coffee with a blanket covering my shivering knees, watching how beautiful Neverland really is. Oh Mom, how I wish you were here with me right now.

"You're up early," Dad says from behind me.

"Yeah," I say with a smile, not taking my eyes off the view.

He sits on a chair next to me and hands me a box. "Happy birthday," he says.

I smile and open up the mini box, pulling out a beautiful silver necklace that reads in sparkly letters, Daddy's little girl on it, with a little crescent moon next to it.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful," I say in awe.

"You like it?" he asks, smiling.

"I love it! Help me put it on?"

He clips the necklace around my neck, moving some strands of hair away. I look down at the necklace sparkling on my chest, smiling down at it. "Daddy, I love it so much. Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome. The moon also changes color according to your mood. I got it made specially for you since you love the crescent moon so much. As do I."

I run my finger across the necklace, looking at the moon as the color changes to light yellow.

"I think yellow means you're happy," Dad says.

I giggle. "Me too. I sure feel happy."

"You know, you'll always be my little girl. You were my little girl from the moment I picked you up and held you in my arms...from the moment I saw you cry. I felt so proud of myself when I took you home, I couldn't stop crying from being so happy. That was my greatest achievement in my life, really. And to see how fast you're growing up, turning eighteen, you're not a little girl anymore. You're my young lady."

"Dad, I'll always be your little girl," I gently say, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I always love spending time with you, Allison. As a father, I just want to tell you, that if you keep up with your beautiful personality and stunning heart, you'll make it. I know you will. Go for your dreams, my babygirl."

I go in to hug him and rest my head on his chest. He holds me for what feels like eternity, staring out from above, looking down at Neverland's view. I start thinking about how fast I'm growing up, graduating this year, then it's college, then a job, then I might even get married and have kids.

"Allison," Dad's voice calls in a tone that sounds like he's about to cry, probably thinking of the same thing I was.

"Yes?" a tear spills out of my eye.

"I love you so much," he says, his eyes watering.

"I love you too, Daddy. Thank you for everything...thank you for saving me."

The tears spill out of his eyes when I call him "daddy."

And so we stay outside for the rest of the morning, as he holds me just like he did when he first took me home.

'

hope you enjoyed, more to come, love you :)