☾Chapter 33

Two cops grab hold of my arms from behind, dragging me to the front door of my house. They knock on the door, and there stands Lisa as she opens it, sighing when she sees me.

"What is it now officer?" she asks tiredly, rubbing her huge belly.

"Mrs Jackson, is that your Bentley over there?" the policeman asks, motioning towards Dad's damaged vehicle that lies in front of the house.

"No that's my husband's – what's going on?"

"Your daughter was causing a major delay and disturbance on the road, not to mention the trouble she caused back at her school. I was going to arrest her, but decided to bring her back into your custody instead."

Lisa's facial expression is furious. "Wait, Allison, is this true?" she asks.

"Yeah..." I say quietly. She only calls me "Allison" when she's angry with me.

The policeman hands her a check and they un-handcuff me, releasing my arms from behind my back and leaving. I walk inside the house and see Dad standing behind Lisa. Was he there the whole time? I sigh, guessing I'll have to explain myself to both of them now.

Lisa doesn't say anything as she hands him the check. He examines it for a moment and sighs loudly, covering his hand over his forehead.

"Look, Dad-"

"Why Allison, why?" he asks angrily.

"Dad I'm sorry-"

"And is that all you're going to keep saying? This isn't the first time you've gotten into trouble like this!"

I fold my arms. "Pft, name one."

"Uh okay, let's see," he says sarcastically, "There was the time you played some dog game with your friends-"

"It's called triple dog, Dad. And it's a daring game – totally not my fault what happened."

"Whatever it's called," he continues, "I still don't think that I approve of you stealing porn in a pharmacy as a dare, Allison."

I roll my eyes.

"No, no, don't you dare roll your eyes at me," he scolds.

In the past few years as I've been getting into trouble more, Dad has become stricter. I guess it's because since I've been getting older I've become more difficult, according to him. But I don't get it, I always just thought that I was having a little fun.

"Or how about the time when you were fifteen, and you yelled out loud at the top of your lungs, "I'm the king of the world," at the top of the escalators at the mall?"

"God, Dad, I was only playing!"

"Don't you dare use God's name in vain, young lady. Or, the time before you graduated from middle school, you pasted super super glue on Mrs Quick's office chair! Poor woman couldn't get up for hours!"

I smirk, trying not to laugh. One of my personal favorites.

"And so many others, like, sneaking into a movie theatre for a movie you weren't legal to watch yet when you were fourteen and yelling, "Boy, this movie stinks!" causing a disturbance, and walking in on that couple who were making love on a spot on a private beach and laughing out loud."

"Okay that last one definitely wasn't my fault, who the hell has sex right in the middle of the beach? I was only thirteen when I saw it, and quite frankly I was annoyed at their PDA, or better, should I say, public display of sex?'