☾Chapter 22

I'm sitting at the dinner table, waiting for the food to be ready like Daddy asked me to. He decided to cook dinner tonight instead of the chef, as he needed some time to "clear his head" and just "get his mind off of things." Although he's depressed, I don't mind how much cooking he's doing because of it.

  The doorbell rings and I look over at Daddy; he doesn't pay any attention to it and just keeps stirring the cooking pot. It rings again and I call to get his attention, "Daddy."

  He looks over at me and raise my eyebrow, motioning towards the door.

  "Oh," he says, looking dumbfounded, "dinner will be ready soon."

  "No, the doorbell rang." I giggle.

  The doorbell rings for the third time followed by a knock, and Daddy finally snaps back into reality and opens the front door. I stand up and glance at the door to see who's there. Oh look, what a surprise...it's her.

  "Lisa," Daddy says, looking at the clock on the wall, "it's 6pm, what are you-"

  She cuts him off by placing a kiss on his lips. He grabs the back of her neck gently and kisses her back passionately, as her fingers are lost in his curls.

  I inwardly groan. Someone get me something to throw up in.

  He pulls away and stares into her eyes. "I don't under-"

  "I was wrong," she says, shaking her head. "Michael, all these years it took me so long to understand why I felt lost inside. But the moment I found you..." her voice cracks, but she sniffles and straightens up again, "the moment I found you, I found what was lost that I was trying to find...and I'm sorry." She kisses him again, wrapping her arms around his waist, their arms tangled together.

  I quietly walk upstairs, figuring I should let them have this time to be alone. As I'm walking up, I hear them pulling away and Lisa saying, "I got you this."

  I stop in my tracks and peer down below the staircase slightly, curious to know what it is.

  Daddy opens a box wrapped in a little violet ribbon, and takes out a...stick. He lifts it up and examines it carefully, then covering his mouth with his hand and saying in shock, "Lisa..."

  She smiles widely. "Yeeeess?"

  "Are...are you serious?" he quietly asks.

  "It's true," she says excitedly, clapping her hands together. "I'm pregnant."

'