☾Chapter 12

It's back to school time for me. Monday mornings are a drag, and I absolutely cannot stand them.

  The limo pulls up at the front of the school, and I thank Bill then get out. As I'm casually walking up the hallway, I spot Amanda standing at her locker.

  "Hey Mandy," I call her name.

  "Uh no, don't call me that," she chuckles, "Cindy calls me that when she's making fun of me."

  "But it's a nice name," I say.

  She shrugs. "Where is Cindy anyway?" she asks.

  "Yeah, where is that flop?" I ask, giggling.

  "Right here," Cindy says angrily. "And my name is Cindy." She pushes me up against the lockers harshly. "I told you it wasn't over between us!"

  She holds my collar up steady. It's beginning to choke me a little now and I try getting out of her hold. "What are you talking about? What's your problem now?"

  She smirks devilishly. "Freak just took a whole new level on you."

  "Let her go!" Amanda yells, trying to shove Cindy off of me.

  The two girls fiddle with each other as Cindy then pushes Amanda hard on the ground. "Stay out of this!" Cindy yells.

  "Freak?" I repeat. "Why have you just decided to come at me now after all this time?"

  She ignores my question and yells aloud, "Hey everyone! Allison is Michael Jackson's daughter!"

  All of the students in the hallway are stopping to stare and chat amongst themselves. I feel my face burn with embarrassment.

  "Only she's not his real daughter, because the freak is adopted!" she yells again.

  Now the other students are starting to giggle and chat even louder.

  "And you know what Allison? I'm really, really happy for you," she says sarcastically, "because when two freaks come together, nothing else matters."

  Now, that sentence really got me. I shove her off with all my might out of anger and she falls back on the floor on her butt. I walk up to her angrily, eyeing her down. "Listen to me, you don't know anything about my dad and you have absolutely no authority to give your opinion about something you don't even know, got it?" I scold.

  She gets up and brushes her skirt off. "I can say whatever I want, whenever I want!" she says. "And guess what? Your daddy should be locked up in the circus and tame your lion ass!"

  Okay, that's it, I'm done. Now I'm really annoyed.

  I can't control my anger. I clench my fist, rise it up and punch her across the face as quickly and hard as I can.

  "AH!' she shrieks and falls back down. All the girls form a circle around her, some trying to help her up.

  "Wow," Amanda whispers. We both exchange looks in a way that reads, who-knew-that-I-could-do-that?

  "Cindy, your nose...blood!" one of the girls point out.

  Cindy touches her bloody nose and looks at me with pure anger. She suddenly throws herself onto me and pins me down on the floor. I grab a hold of her arms and try keeping them in the air, in attempt not to let her hit me.

  One of her arms fling down in attempt to punch me, but I quickly move my head away, and her fist hits the ground harshly.

  "Ooh!" the students yell loudly.

  She tries again on the other side but I just go the opposite way again and her hand yet again hits the ground.

  "OOH!" the students call even louder, seeming to be enjoying the fight.

  I kick her in the stomach off of me and she goes flying back on the lockers opposite us, hitting them with a loud thud. I lay and pant for a while, when suddenly Mrs Quick appears from around the corner and yells angrily, "Miss Jackson and Miss Edwards! To my office immediately!"

  Cindy suddenly gets up and kneels in front of me. Then, I feel a punch being thrown onto my left eye...

  Black.