☾Chapter 10

It's lunchtime now. I sit on an empty patch of grass out in the field with Amanda, both just eating our sandwiches and talking about stuff.

  "So, is your dad really Michael Jackson?" she asks.

  "Huh? How did you know that?" I respond.

  "I'm just kidding," she says, laughing.

  "Wait, what?"

  "It was only a joke, 'cause get it, you both have the same last name?" she says.

  "Oh...y-yeah, ha, ha," I say awkwardly and take another bite of my sandwich. I remember Daddy telling me not to let any of the other students know that I'm his daughter, as he's afraid that it's only going to cause chaos, possible bullying, and jealousy among other students.

  I hear chatting and laughing going on from behind me. I twist myself in the opposite position and see a girl with long, light blonde hair standing in front of a group of other girls...and they're coming our way.

  "Oh no," Amanda says.

  "What? What happened?" I ask.

  "You see that girl with the light blonde hair? That's Cindy, and she's super mean. She likes to bully everyone she thinks isn't on "her level" and she can be super insulting sometimes."

  I look at her for a moment and chuckle. "She doesn't look so bad, she probably just tries to get to you. If she comes this way, just ignore her."

  Cindy and her group of friends come approaching closer, and as soon as she reaches me she stops and looks down at me from where I'm sitting on the grass.

  "You know, they have this rule, that if you eat lunch in this area, it automatically makes you a loser," says Cindy as her friends behind her snicker and laugh.

  Amanda looks down and sighs. I smirk and eye Cindy up and down then say, "Well you're here, so I guess it means the same thing."

  Cindy's friends gasp and I hear a few girls whisper, "Oh she did not," and "Oh my God." Amanda just giggles loudly.

Although Cindy keeps her cool, I could tell she was bothered by what I said. "Allison Jackson...you're in my class. It's too bad that we don't sit next to each other," she says. I can sense the fake-ness in her tone.

  "And why is that?" I question.

  "Because maybe I could teach you how to look pretty," she says.

  I hiss. "Bummer, someone told me what you looked like before I got here. Let's just say that I was trying to look like you," I throw back.

  Cindy grits her teeth. "Are you trying to be smart with me?"

  "Hmm, let's see...I'm in the top class, so I don't exactly have to try." I smirk.

  Suddenly, the bell rings and it's back to class for all of us. Cindy bends down to me and threats, trying a little too hard at it, "This isn't over between us."

  I scoff and stand up, swatting her out of my way. "Better get going Cindy. You wouldn't want to be fashionably late, would you?" I ask sarcastically.

  She shakes her head at me and laughs. "Freak," I hear her mumble before walking off with her friends.

  "Oh my God, Allison, you totally got her!" Amanda says astoundingly.

  "For now. I feel kind of bad, she kind of looked serious about what she said."

   "Don't let her scare you, she hasn't exactly done anything bad to anyone, she's just all talk. Come on, let's get to class."

And so the school day ends, and I'm waiting outside the gate to be picked up in the limo and see Daddy. I'm so excited, I can't wait to tell him about the day that I've had.

  I look around for the limo to arrive and it's then when I just see it approaching from the street up ahead. I smile, feeling excited. The limo comes closer, stopping near the sidewalk and I run up to it, hopping in.

"Daddy, Daddy!" I yell, sitting on Daddy's lap.

  The limo driver starts driving off again and Daddy hugs me and says, "Hey my beautiful girl, how was school today?"

  "It was great. I did a lot of fun things and I studied mostly English, and did a little bit of math. It was all fun!" I say excitedly.

  "Oh that's wonderful to hear baby," he says. "I missed you so much."

  "I missed you too Daddy. And I love you."

  He kisses the top of my head. "And I love you more."

  "So, anything else happen today?" he asks. "Did you meet any new friends?"

  "Yeah, this one girl Amanda. I also met some other girl, Cindy, but she was really mean."

  His facial expression softens. "Mean? How mean? To you, sweetheart?"

  "Well she tried to, kind of. She was all like, "You know, they have this rule, that if you eat lunch in this area, it automatically makes you a loser," and I'm all like, "Well you're here, so I guess it means the same thing," and then she says, "Allison Jackson, you're in my class. It's too bad that we don't sit next to each other," and then I ask, "And why is that?" and then she says, "Because maybe I could teach you how to look pretty," and then I throw back, "Bummer, someone told me what you looked like before I got here. Let's just say that I was trying to look like you,"" I express enthusiastically without taking a breath, repeating what happened, imitating Cindy's voice.

  "Wow, wow, calm down Allison. Did she really say all of that to you?"

  "Yes she did. But it's alright, I took care of it. She also said that it wasn't over between us at the end, but I'm not afraid of her," I answer, folding my arms and looking out the window.

  He groans. "Allison, what did I say about staying out of trouble?" he asks.

  "But you don't get it, I didn't get into any trouble. Gosh, Daddy."

  He bites his lip and sighs. "Listen, I understand that you know how to stand up for yourself, and that's really good, but I'd prefer it if you'd just ignore these mean people, sweetie. It doesn't get you anywhere to fight fire with fire and besides, you know you're the better person if you just walk away. Promise me you won't fight this girl or anyone anymore."

  "I know that. I mean I," I sigh, "okay Daddy, I won't, I promise."

  "Good girl. Now, let's go home and spend the rest of the afternoon with each other."

  I smile. "Yay!" I yell.

~

New chapters coming soon!