☾Chapter 16

Today, I'm going to meet my aunts, uncles and grandparents. My black eye isn't as swollen as it was last week, and Lisa helped me cover it up with a bit of makeup as well, so I'm hoping no one will notice.

  "You ready Princess?" Daddy asks from outside of my room as I straighten out my light blue flowy dress.

  "Coming!" I say, tying my hair up with a ribbon and then putting my white ballet flats on.

  "Well aren't you a pretty little thing?" Daddy says, pinching my cheeks.

  "Thanks, Daddy."

  I walk down the stairs behind Daddy and I see Lisa already waiting by the front door.

  "You look gorgeous baby," Daddy admires her, giving her a kiss atop her hand.

  She blushes. "My, my, handsome man, you look amazing yourself," she says.

  Lisa kept it simple by wearing a short, tight red dress with long black heels, (but still shorter than Daddy) and Daddy kept it professional by wearing suit and tie – which I have never seen him in before – loafers, and his fedora of course.

  "Well, let's get going," says Daddy.

  Lisa and I walk out the door first as Daddy shuts the door behind us. The limo is waiting outside and I get in first, then Lisa, then Daddy.

  "Oh wow, I absolutely adore this limo," says Lisa, looking around and admiring it.

  "I'm glad you like it," says Daddy, pouring two glasses of what I'm guessing is red wine.

  "My request from now on," I said. "It was either ride in a limo or let Daddy kill me with his driving skills."

  Lisa laughs, Daddy rolls his eyes. "Whatever sweetheart," he says.

  "Drink?" he offers one to Lisa.

  "Why thank you Mikey," she says and accepts the drink.

  They both drink and giggle a little to each other, then look over at me.

  Daddy laughs. "Drink?" he offers me jokingly.

  "Very funny," I say, rolling my eyes.

  "Don't worry Ally, you'll get your own beverage when we get there," Lisa says, winking at me.

  "Whatever," I mumble.

We arrive at Daddy's parent's house. Havenhurst, I think it's called. It was a long way there, but I'm hoping it's worth it. We step out of the limo and I look up at the house. It's huge, but not as huge as Daddy's Neverland.

  Suddenly, a lady with big, curly hair wearing a long sleeved, fitting black dress whom looks similar to Daddy runs out, heels clanking along the pavement, and hugs him.

  "Michael!" she yells.

  "Dunk, it's so good to see you again," he responds, hugging her back. "How long have you been here?"

  "I just arrived twenty minutes ago, I was so excited for you to get here!"

  "Allison, this is my sister Janet," says Daddy.

Janet looks down at me.  "So this is the famous Allison that Michael will not stop talking about! I've heard so many things about you, I've been so excited to finally meet you." She bends down and hugs me.

  "Mother and Joseph are inside, as is everyone else. Lisa, it's so good to see you again too," Janet says.

  "Thanks Jan," Lisa responds as they exchange hugs. Man, she really loves giving people nicknames, doesn't she?

  "Well come on everyone, let's go inside," Janet says.

  We all walk back up to the house and Daddy bends down and says to me, "You'll meet a lot more of my siblings once we get inside."

  Oh boy, here it goes.