☾Chapter 24

Before you continue reading, i have two things to announce. Number one, i'm updating double today, since i know this chapter is fairly short. Second, there's a lot of negativity in the comment section. Come on, guys, i know you're excited and mean well but sometimes there's just a lot of swearing and possibly some anger directed towards Lisa. Can we all just enjoy the book, please? Thank you, and i love you all for reading. :)

'

I place $500 on the counter at the wedding cake shop. "A tall vanilla and chocolate wedding cake with pearls all around it, lots of frosting, oh and add in the baker's choice for the rest, please," I request.

  The man looks down at me from behind the counter. "And you're...how old? Ten?" he asks.

  "Twelve for your information," I say. "Thirteen next year, which means I'm nearly a teenager."

  "And where are your parents, little girl?"

  "I have a daddy, not "parents.""

  "Uh-huh," he says. "And what's your daddy's name?"

  I smirk. "Well, since you asked, it's Michael Jackson."

  "Very funny, get out of my store."

  "Uh, uh, uh, not so fast," I lift up my pink sunglasses and place them on my head, leaning over the counter some more. "Do I look familiar to you now?"

  He stares at me for a moment and I can feel his eyes on my bruise. He rolls his eyes and says, "Allison Jackson..."

  "That's me." I blow a bubble with my chewing gum.

  He leans over the counter and raises an eyebrow. "But why would your daddy send you to order his wedding cake?"

  "That's what I thought," I said. "But he mentioned that he'll be really busy. So could you please just have it ready by next week?"

  He reluctantly takes the money from the counter and his eyes bulge as he flips through note, after note, after note.

  "I'll be right back," he says and disappears into the back room.

  I could've chosen a disgusting cake for the wedding, but seeing how that wouldn't be fair to Daddy, I decided to let it go and work on Lisa another time. I am not about to be replaced after only such a short time with him – no. I refuse.

  The man comes back out with a piece of paper and says, "Give this to your dad. Tell him to fill it out and give it back to us."

  I look at it for a moment and it has the cake that I submitted, details of the wedding to fill out such as address, time, etcetera. I smile and put my sunglasses back on. "Will do," I say, walking out of the store.