☾Chapter 6

I want to go to a real school again. I miss the experience. I miss having friends, even though I still talk with my friend Jasie, sometimes I just miss actually going to school. I tried talking to Daddy about it only a hundred times, but I feel like he's not listening to me every time I bring it up.

  "Daddy," I tug his shirt from underneath to get his attention as he's yet again on the phone this morning as he's making breakfast.

  "Hold on one sec," he says to the person over the line.
He looks down at me. "Yes, sweetheart?"

  "I wanna go to a real school!" I remind him, yet again.

  "I'll enroll you another day, okay?" he responds.

  "But you keep saying that all the time and you never do anything about it!" I follow him around the house.

  "Sorry about that," he continues talking over the phone. "Yeah, she wants to go to a real school. I don't get it though, she goes out enough for her therapy sessions. I guess I'm just paranoid about too many things. Hey listen, are you busy? Because I was wondering if you and I could go hang out."

  I've had enough so I pick up the spoon in his cereal and take a bite. He pulls the spoon out of my mouth and makes a funny face to me, so I stick my tongue out.

  "Uh huh," he continues on the other line, "uh huh. Outside that new plaza? You got it baby. I'll just put my disguise on and I'll meet you there...alright, take care girl, see ya."

  He finally hangs up and I fold my arms.

  "Whaaaat?" he asks, grinning.

  "You're leaving," I state.

  "Oh right." He face-palms himself and thinks for a moment. "You can come with me."

  "But why?"

  "Because, I was planning on you to meet her eventually," is all he says and walks up the stairs. "I'll be down in a minute!" he calls back down.

  Her? Who's...her?

Daddy pulls up on the side of the road near a new plaza that just opened up in town. But Daddy can't drive to save his life. He drove past three stop signs, went through a red light, and nearly ran over an elderly woman pushing a trolley full of groceries. He was lucky he didn't get caught and pulled over by any cops. Let's just say that I was sure afraid, but he was all giddy the whole ride. Probably thinking about her. Whoever that is.

  Daddy unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car, then helps me get out on the other side. He shuts the door, takes my hand and walks along the sidewalk. His disguise is a Spider-Man mask, still wearing his normal clothes, red button up, slacks, and loafers. I don't see why he had to wear any disguise really, the streets are deserted today.

  He stops near the (empty) plaza door and leans back on it, taking out his phone. "Hey, it's me. When are you getting here?" he says. "Oh, I'm waiting alright." He licks his lips.

  I bite my lip and look around. I suddenly see a woman with short brunette hair heading in our direction, wearing a peach sundress, white heels, dark sunglasses, and a sunhat. As she approaches closer, I notice how pretty she is. She must be the, her.

  Daddy hangs up the phone, removing his disguise and walks towards her. They exchange kisses on the cheek, and a little peck on the lips.

  "You made it," Daddy says to her, smiling.

  "I did," she responds with a giggle.

  They both turn around and Daddy smiles curiously at me. They walk up to me and he introduces me, "Allison, I would like you to meet someone," he pauses for a moment and motions to the woman standing in front of him. "This is Lisa, she's my...girlfriend. Lisa, this is my daughter Allison."