The Game Begins (Part 2)

What the heck? Who is this? What do they mean? I instantly thought of my scars. Would I finally get to know the answer? Huh. I texted back.

"Who are you? What do you want? What do you mean?"

I waited. Twenty minutes later, and still no reply. I tried to focus on the lesson. We were learning about flatworm, I think?

"Okay, class!" shouted Mr. Bartley. "Everyone grab a partner and begin answering the questions on page 15!"

I looked around. I saw a short, brown-haired girl sitting alone. She must be new. Everyone else already had a partner, so I walked over to her.

"Hi, I'm Kayleigh," I said sitting next to her. "Are you new?"

"Yeah," she said. "I'm Anna. My mom's job relocated her here."

"Oh, cool," I said smiling. "Wanna be my partner?"

"Sure!" Anna replied, smiling. Wow she seems like, not preppy and pretty cool.

We got to work on the questions, and finished before anyone else. We still had 15 minutes left. Mr. Bartley told us to get to know each other, since Anna had no friends. We talked about our hobbies and our lives. Then Anna began to tell me about her family.

"My dad disappeared a few years ago. Just vanished like that." she said, snapping her fingers. "Mom says he left for a buisness trip, and he would be returning soon. But I'm not stupid, I mean, who leaves on a business trip for 3 years?"

I nodded. "And you haven't asked your mom anymore about it?"

"I never really have time. She is hardly home." Anna said, looking down.

"I know how that feels," I muttered, looking down. "My dad is never home, and my mom is always working."

"Do you have any siblings?" Anna asked.

"I had a sister," I said. "But she was killed in a car crash."

"I'm sorry," Anna whispered. "I have a brother, but he doesn't live with us. He lives with our older brother. My mom kicked them out after they got involved in some bad things."

I thought of Jason. He lived with his older brother. He did bad things. Was he her brother?

"Does he go here?" I asked her curiously.

"Yeah," she said. "His names Jason. Do you know him?"

"Umm, no. He keeps to himself most of the time. Doesn't talk a lot."

"Yeah, he hasn't been very friendly since the....incident." Anna said.

"Huh? What incident?"

"It's a lo-" But she was cut off by the bell ringing. Crap!

Anna muttered "good-bye" and ran off to her next class. Dang it! I was so close to finding more out about Jason! I can't believe they were related. They looked nothing alike! My phone buzzed. New message:

"Don't you ever wonder why you don't look like your parents? Why you have your scars? Didn't you ever come up with a theory? Here's a hint: don't go home! Don't trust 'mom and dad'. Meet me at the Starbucks across from your house at 7:00 PM on Thursday."

What? Does that mean they aren't my real parents? I replied:

"Who are you? If this is a prank, it isn't funny. Creep!"

That's it, is a prank. Someone is just joking with me. But what if their not? Gosh! I walked into math and looked around. Jason was in this class. He was sketching in a notepad. I walked over and sat in the seat next to him. He looked up and glared at me.

"Hi?" I said looking confused. What did I ever do to him?

"Yeah?" he asked.

"I just said hi, gosh. Haven't you ever hear of friendliness?"

He glared at me, then went back to drawling. My phone buzzed. New message from that creeper. Great.

"Fine, don't believe me. Its your death, I guess."

What. The. Heck. What's going on!?

-Hey! So do ya like it so far?! I promise it gets better! Its kinda slow right now though. :( feedback?