Friends Forever (Part 10)

I cleaned up the kitchen from dinner. It was seven o'clock. I decided to call Leah. We haven't hung out in a few days. Usually, we were insepertable.

"Hello?" Leah asked, after I had dialed her number.

"Hey girl!" I yelled. "What's up?"

"Kayleigh! Where have you been? You missed a LOT at school!"

"I was sick," I lied. I didn't want to explain everything to her. "But anyway, my parents left for a business trip for a few days. Wanna come hang out?"

"Sure! Be there in 5!" she yelled, before hanging up. Leah lived just down the street from me. We met in preschool when I didn't want to leave my mom's side.

*Flashback*

"But, Mommy!" I whined, hugging my mother's leg and crying. "I don't wanna go! Can't I stay home with you?"

"Kayleigh, your going to have lots of fun," she said, ruffling my hair. "Look at that girl, she looks like she is having fun!" she pointed to a small, skinny girl with dark brown hair. Leah.

Leah turned around and came running over to us. "Hi!" sh said, cheerfully. "I'm Leah!"

"I'm Kayleigh," I said, shyly.

"Wanna come color with me, Kayleigh?" Leah asked, extending her hand. I took it and we skipped off to her coloring book. That's how we became friends.

*End of flashback*

I sighed, remembering. Leah and I were always there for each other. Like, one time, a boy pushed me down on the playground and said I was fat. Leah kicked him in his balls. Yep. That was Leah. I chuckled.

"Ding dong!" Leah yelled,walking through the front door. We don't even knock when we go to each other's houses. "Hey, Kay!" she yelled, hugging me.

"Hey!" I said. "How have you been?"

"Good," she said, smiling. "But, what I wanna know, is how your walk home with Jason went!"

"Oh!" I said, forgetting that she saw us. "It was good, we're dating now. I smiled.

"Oh my God! Now, we can all go on like, quadruple dates!" she beamed. "So, is he coming over?"

"Probably tomorrow," I said. "I thought we could have a girl's night."

She smiled. For the rest of the night, we watched movies, painted our nails, and talked like best friends. We had a great time, until Leah got a call from her boyfriend, Ryan.

"Leah, I have to tell you something," Ryan said, quietly.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I...I cheated...on you....with...Megan Johnson..." he trailed off.

Leah's face showed all different kinds of emotion. Pain, anger, sadness, anger, more pain. Finally, she screamed.

"HOW COULD YOU! YOU STUPID DICK! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT! MEGAN IS THE SKANK OF THE SCHOOL! YOU PROBABLY HAVE GONERIA NOW!" she screamed, tears running down her face.

"Baby-" Ryan began, but Leah slammed the phone shut.

"You don't need him," I said, rubbing her back. "It's okay."

"Your right," she said, sighing. The tears finally subsiding. "I hate him. That asshole."

To make her feel better, we watched Crazy, Stupid, Love. Despite what happened, Leah was laughing her head off. "Hey, Kayleigh," she said.

"Yeah?"

"I hope I find a guy who treats me right someday, you know? I hope he will realize what I'm worth."

"He will, Leah. I promise."

-I will be posting more tonight!!! :) it gets really scary and suspenseful in the next two chapters!!! :p