Just A Chance Part (23)

Hey :) So this is originally the sequal to this book, but no one read it so I changed it to this book instead! So there is no sequal now! Keep reading this book :) Thanks lovies!!

------<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>--------<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------->>>>>>>>>>>>----

*Kayleigh's Point of View*

My senses are slowly coming back as I try to register what's happened. I woke up in a dirty van, bringing on a strong sense of deja vu. I groaned as I sat up, holding my head.

"Is she awake?" Someone whispered in the front. I heard them turning in their seat so I quickly laid down.

"No," replied a harsh male voice.

I heard them quietly chatting about what to do with me, debating whether Jason would be okay or not...Jason! What happened to him?

Slowly, I started to remember. Remember what happened and why I was hear...

I was partying with...Mason? Yes, Mason. And he was going to take me home...but then someone showed up...but who?

Alex! It was Alex for sure! Yes! That's why this van is familiar. He kidnapped me once before. But what happened after all that?

I think someone got hurt. Was it Matt? No, I think it was Mason...oh, yeah! Mason got...shot.

I frowned to myself as tears formed in my eyes and ran down my cheeks as I realized Mason was gone forever.

But Jason? I heard a shot fired before we left. It was intended to hit him...but did it? God, I don't need this right now.

I'm so pissed at Jason for not telling me about Alex and this life! But gosh, I hope he's okay. I can't worry about him too much, though. I've got to focus on getting myself out of here so I can find him. And of course, I've got to worry about my grandparents and Jared...Jared!

Jared was there! At the party last night, I'm sure! I saw him when the shot was fired! He took down the gunman...and he said...something to me...

*Flashback*

BANG!

"Come on!" Alex yelled. "Grab her!"

A big, muscular man stepped toward me. But before he could reach me, a figure knocked him over as it ran from the woods.

"Don't touch her!" It yelled. I realized it was Jared.

"Jared!" I screamed as he stabbed my pursuier. "What's going on?!"

"Are you hurt?!" He asked, dragging me away while Alex sprinted to his van.

I shook my head. "But Jason and Mason...they were shot!" I screamed hysterically, sobs shaking my body.

"I know," Jared whispered, smoothing my hair. "And I'll help them, right after I help you."

"What are we doing?" I asked, confused.

"Kayleigh," He whispered. "Listen to me. You have to go with Alex and his men. If not, they will keep trying to get you over and over again. I will find you, and I will protect you. I will have them put away for life. Just do what I say, and don't argue."

"Wha-," I began, but Jared held up a finger to silence me.

"Your my baby, Kayleigh. You've got me in you. Your looks man be from your mother, but your personality is from me."

"No!" I yelled, frustrated. "You aren't making sense!"

"I'm your dad, Kay. And I love you with all my heart, but you have to do what I say..." He said gently, shoving me towards Alex's awaiting van.

I staggered at first, but Alex and his still living man caught my arm, roughly shoving me into the van. Next thing I know, I'm out cold.

*End of Flashback*

"Jared," I whispered. "Your my dad."

Then the van made a sharp left turn and I rolled sideways, hitting my head on the door.

"Ow!" I cried, knowing I was bleeding.

"Oh good," Alex said, as the van stopped. "She's awake."