Over. (Chapter 30)

[SIDE COMMENT: I know you have already read the whole story so far, but I just went through and added songs to each chapter! Personally I like the chapter better when I play the music with it, because I get a feel for what the writer meant, but it's whatever :)] Hey guys! ANOTHER new chapter! :D I feel so accomplished because I have written 3 chapters in less than a week! Sadly, this story is coming to an end. Only 3-4 more chapters left! Booooohoooooo :( But it's all good because I'm writing another story after this :) This chapter features music from Chris Young! It's the song, "Tomorrow"! So PLAY IT WHILE YOU READ THE CHAPTER! I am NOT a fan of country, but this song has soooooo much emotion and it totally relates to the matter at hand! Except, Kayleigh dumps Jason then stays....NEVERMIND, JUST READ!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music: "Tomorrow" By Chris Young (Play it WHILE you read the chapter! :))

Picture: Ryan, from the previous chapter :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kayleigh's Point Of View"

"We'll be alright," Jason smiles.

I force a weak smile back and slowly take my hand out of his. "I'm sorry, Jason. But no."

Jason's face falters for a moment before he quickly conjures up a blank mask and plasters it on to his face. "What do you mean?"

I sigh. "Jason, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me since I met you. I've nearly died three times now, and those seven months I had to spend with Alex were no walk in the park. I just can't do this anymore. We aren't right for each other, Jase. You and I only hurt each other more. I'm sorry, but it's over."

Jason's face never changed the whole time I gave my speech. Instead, he sat there listening, staring intently at my face. Almost as if he thought he could change my mind by boaring his thoughts into me. Nope, his face never changed. Not until the end.

Jason burst out in silent tears that cascaded quickly down his cheeks. He didn't bother to wipe them away as he tried to plea his way into my heart.

"B-but I lo-love you! Yo-our-r'e my ev-rythi-ing! You-you can-n't leave me!" He screeched, probably waking up the entire hospital.

I sigh and stand up. I quickly pull my hand back as Jason reaches up to grasp it. He won't win this time. Not with what happened.

I quietly moved to the door and slipped out, giving Jason one last farewell glance over my shoulder. He was whimpering, his eyes a stingy red. Tears scudded down his cheeks as he tried to hold back sobs. His facial expression nearly broke my heart, but I had to be strong. I mouthed, "I love you", and quickly dashed to the elevator.

Once inside the safety of the elevator, hidden behind the closed steel doors, I broke down. Hard sobs raked my body and jostled my ribs, causing pain to erupt from my chest and my swollen eye. I heard the soft ding of the elevator as it hit floor four, and the soft gasp of a nurse who was obviously surprised to see a patient sobbing in the elevator. She helped me back to my room and hooked me back up to my IVs. Promising not to tell what she had witnessed, the nurse slipped quietly out of my room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Only one person filled them. I wanted Jason to realize that this was the best thing for the both of us. I wanted him to move on just like I planned to. I didn't want him to waste his tears over me. More than anything, I wanted Jason to smile at the good times we had. To remember me forever, just like I would do with him. He was my first love, and you never forget that.

It's hard to think that I won't see Jason when I first awake in the morning. My routine and life schedule is so revolved around him, that I don't know what to do with myself. But I know that I'm doing the right thing. Jason and I may not understand this right now, but we are both better off without each other. Because you know what they say, right?

If you love something, let it go. If it was meant to be, it will come back. But if it doesn't, then it was never actually yours in the first place.