I'm No Good For You (Part 16)

I don't have any clue what made me so eager to follow Jason. I just needed to see him, know he was real. I sound so obsessed. Well I am.

I might not have forgiven him, but I still love him. He was my true love even though I've only known him for a few weeks. Crazy how one person can change your life.

Jason was walking in the hallway, towards the doors. I paused cautiously as he walked out, and I saw Alex standing there.

"What is your problem!?" I heard Jason yell through the glass of the door.

Alex chuckled. "So you have feelings for her, Jason!? What's wrong with you! You know who her father is! I'm not gonna let your stupid little 'puppy love' ruin my chance for money!"

Jason snarled and lunged at Alex. I watched as he repeatedly punch him in the face. But when Alex kneed Jason in the stomach, I just couldn't watch anymore.

I dashed through the school and to the auditorium and began to practice my song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so nervous for the talent show tonight! I didn't get any sleep because of my stomach aching! Good news is, my song is amazing because I practiced it until 5:30 this morning.

As I'm walking into the auditorium to wait backstage with the other contestants, I see my grandparents and my friends in the audience. Chaz, Nicole, Christian, Ashley, and Ryan. No Leah. Ryan caught me looking and waved. I waved back and smiled.

After the first two contestants went on, I knew this would be a piece of cake. The magcians's rabbit got loose, and the first singer threw up.

After five more contestants, it was my turn. I was so nervous that I could hardly breathe!

"God, please don't let me faint!" I whispered silently.

"And now, for our 24th contestant, please welcome, Kayleigh Cruz!" I heard our principal say.

I took a deep breath and marched out to the piano in the middle of the stage. I sat down and cracked my fingers to warm them up. I quickly looked into the audience and instantly met the eyes of a brown haired boy, with a black eye.

Jason had on a hoodie with jeans and black converse. He had a baseball cap on his head, and

sunglasses on his eyes, which were pulled down to the bridge of his nose. Im pretty sure I died.

I took a deep breath and began to play. I was going to sing a different, more upbeat song. But all this Jason stuff made be write my own song.

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did

I will not let myself

Cause my heart so much misery

I will not break the way you did,

You fell so hard

I've learned the hard way

To never let it get that far

Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you

I am afraid

I lose my way

And it's not too long before you point it out

I cannot cry

Because I know that's weakness in your eyes

I'm forced to fake

A smile, a laugh everyday of my life

My heart can't possibly break

When it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you

I am afraid

I watched you die

I heard you cry every night in your sleep

I was so young

You should have known better than to lean on me

You never thought of anyone else

You just saw your pain

And now I cry in the middle of the night

For the same damn thing

Because of you

I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you

I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you

I try my hardest just to forget everything

Because of you

I don't know how to let anyone else in

Because of you

I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty

Because of you

I am afraid

Because of you

Because of you"

I took a deep breath, stood up, and took a bow.

The audience immediately erupted into applause and cheers! Oh my God!

I ran back stage and everyone congratulated me. I was so thrilled!

"And now to announce our winners," The pirincipal said. "Third place, goes to Ana Goheart and her Wonderful Dog, Sparky!"

The audience clapped and she got her ribbon.

"Second place, goes to Mr. Kevin Chambers for his tap dancing!" Kevin looked speechless.

"And first place...to Miss. Kayleigh Cruz!"

I staggered forward unable to register this. I was kind of in a haze as I got my trophy and the audience clapped. I ran off stage into the arms of my family and friends.

"Good job!" Ryan said, hugging me tight. "You were amazing!"

"Thanks!" I beamed.

"Hey Kayleigh!" Christian said. "Mr. Conrad wants all the contestants to meet in Mrs. Herbert's classroom for a picture."

"Thanks, Christan!" I said, dashing to the room.

When I got there, no one was inside.

'Must not be here yet,' I thought.

I heard the door shut behind me, and I jumped. Oh crud! The door locks from the inside!

I looked around. Jason stepped out of the shadows.

"Kayleigh..." he started.

-----OH EMM GEEEHH!! WHATS GONNA HAPPEN?! Like it? HATE it? I need feedback!! Writting part 17 tonight to make up for my absence!! :p Comment, Vote, Fan, and Share!! :) xxooxoxooxo