Chapter 6 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 6 Shawn's POV:
I got home and went straight to my studio. I sat down right away thinking how much will change when I have to leave on my tour. I grabbed my guitar and began to strum,
"Re-rewind Friday night, never forget it. How you let me go. No more lies I'll be fine I know where I'm headed Probably should've knownAnd now you're gonna say, pretty, please forgive me🎶."  I sang. Then the door opened it was Zak.
"When are you going to give music a break?" He said sarcastically.
"I can't." I responded.
"What are you doing here?" I questioned. He came and sat right next to me.
"I came to personally invite you to a high school party tonight." He smiled and looked at me.
"On a Thursday? That's kinda a weird day for a party don't you think?" I questioned.
"Dude. To be honest they want you there to sing, when they asked me I said, "Of course my buddy will be there!" You kinda don't have a choice pal." He answered.
"I really love I don't have a say in it. Dude, you know parties aren't my thing." I responded. It's true I'd rather be here writing music than go off to party with drunk teens!
"Calm on. All my homies will be there, and I can invite that nerdy girl in theater class." He gave a little shove. I pushed back.
"Ainsley?" I asked curiously.
"She is not a nerd." I said defensively.
"Whatever. Do you want to go or not?" I wasn't really tolerating his attitude, but Zak has been my best friend for as long as I can remember I know he'll always have my back.
"Nah. I think I'm good." I responded.
"Suit yourself bud. I knew you wouldn't go." I gave him a dirty face and he began to laugh.
"Hey Zak do you by a chance have a big book?" He looked at me as if that what the dumbest question he has ever heard.
"Do I look like a guy that reads?" He answered. Of course not. He's a jock so personally that was a stupid question for me to ask in the first place. I want to see Ainsley tomorrow again that's the on,y reason why I asked for a book maybe she could look at me different.
The next day I got ready for school and headed out. I drove into the parking lot and saw Ainsley in her car. There was a spot right next to her so I drove into it. She never once looked up only at the book she was reading. How do I get her attention.
"Come on Shawn come on Shawn think!" Then I had it. I put my back pack in the passenger seat and I got out and walked to the other side of the car. I opened the passenger seat door and she still didn't look. I grabbed my back pack and slammed my door. Which by the way finally got her attention.
"Hey Ainsley." I gave her a cheesy smile as she smiled back. Right when I took my first step I slipped and fell onto my back. I heard Ainsley quickly get out of her car.
"Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" She questioned. I slowly lifted myself up, but I landed on my back completely wrong.
"Shawn, are you okay?" She asked again.
"Yes I'm good." I held my back as we both were able to stand on both legs.
"I think I should get to class." I responded to her feeling completely embarrassed. I walked away from her limping and holding the bottom of my back.