Chapter 8 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 8 Shawn's POV:
I quickly grabbed my back pack to chase Ainsley until Ashely grabbed my attention.
"Want to sit next to me at lunch today?" She blinked really fast, but I already knew the kind of character Ashely was. And it was one I didn't want to be around.
"No." I tired around and walked to the library. I slowly walked in and saw no one was there as usual except for the librarians.
"Hello." I told the, as I walked down an aisle of books. I finally made it to the back and saw Ainsley at her little table reading. The way she was reading made me happy. She was really pretty and smart. I walked to the table and sat right across from her. I opened my back pack and grabbed a book out and opened to a random page and pretended to read to catch her attention.
"The Giver really?" She asked. I looked at her and gave a cheesy smile.
"It's an awesome book have you read it?" I asked.
"Yes. I have and I think it's boring." She responded.
"You're absolutely right. Boring book why am I even reading this." I told her. But the problem was I knew nothing about the book I don't know anything this whole time I was just lying to her. For a good cause though.
"Alright Shawn what's up? What's the game you're playing?" She put her book down and stared at me seriously. I immediately got confused.
"I'm not playing any games here. I just end wanted to sit in here with you." I responded. I wanted her to know the truth and not look at me any different.
"I would hate for your fans to be disappointed in your decisions with me." She responded I laughed to myself.
"My fans don't get to determine who I choose to stay with. If they were really my fans they would agree with any of my decisions." She just looked at me. I knew she was girl who didn't have a lot of friends and questions herself as a person.
"No one uses that a guitar?!" I quickly got up and grabbed a guitar that was leaning against the wall. I dusted it off and it looked like it was never even used.
"Do you play?" I asked Ainsley she shook her head.
"Shawn I'm sorry if I'm coming off to be rude. I don't want to do that." Ainsley closed her book.
"You're a sweet girl Ainsley. I don't think being rude is one of your character traits." I smiled at her as she looked at me.
"Let me show
you something." I went behind her and put the guitar in her lap. I grabbed her hand left hand and put it on the bar of the guitar and put her fingers in a E minor position because it was the easiest.
"Strum please?" I questioned. She did and looked shocked.
"You just played your first cord." She lifted her head up and we just looked at each other. Something about her was making me fall for her. She had beautiful brown eyes.
I lifted the guitar from her and sat across from her and began to strum to one of my favorite songs. "I don't even know your name," I began to sing to her,
"Oh, you waited so long, Sometimes, it's hard to stand out. And you, don't have to do anything else, But be yourself, Ooh, woah, oh.🎶" as I sang I would look at her and then at her and then at the guitar. I loved to play and music is everything to me and I especially love it more when I am given the opportunity to share it with someone else.
"And I don't even know your name All I remember is that smile on your face, And it'll kill me everyday Cause I don't even know your name🎶" I stopped and looked at her and she smiled. Which made me really happy.
"Ainsley. I think you're a beautiful girl and something about you makes me happy. May I take you out on a date Saturday? Please." I asked with my heart beating fast hoping for the right answer.
"Shawn what are you doing?" She responded.
"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.
"Seriously, I don't know why a guy like you would talk to a girl like me. I'm sure if your fans saw me they would be very disappointed." She responded.
"I'm just a guy who sees you. You can't hide anymore Ainsley." I scratched my head still waiting patiently for an answer.
"Yes that's fine. Pick me up at 7 please?" She asked. I smiled.
"I will." I answered.