Chapter 15 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 15 Ainsley's POV:
I heard Shawn singing, but I couldn't figure out why. I knew immediately my pa wanted to hear him, but there had to be some sort of reason.
"I'm sorry if my pa made you uncomfortable in any way possible." I told Shawn as we were driving to the mall.
"No, not at all. He's an incredible man Ainsley." He responded.
"He really is." I told myself.
"How come you never told me about you interest in music?" He questioned. I paused.
"I don't want to talk about that."
"Why is it that you're hiding. You think books is going to reveal who you truly are?" He asked one more time.
"Well Shawn I don't know. That's something that reminds me of people and events and I don't want to be reminded. Is that bad?" I replied in anger. He stood quiet.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude at all." Complete guilt rose in my body on how I reacted. "All I wanted was for you to become comfortable around me that's all. Is that too much to ask for Ainsley?" He questioned. I sat there thinking about the statement that was just introduced to me. Why aren't I getting comfortable with Shawn. Actually, I kinda am. For some reason he's bringing out my goofy side of me, and I love that.
"Shawn, I am. I am getting comfortable around you. More than I could with a friend."
"Not that you had any." Shawn laughed. I faced him a socked his arm.
"That's wasn't funny." I laughed along with him.
"Is that the only thing you're going to do every time I say a joke."
"Possibly." I smiled trying to play off my little act. We arrived at a tux store that was located in an outdoor mall; it was something I wasn't expecting at all from Shawn, but I thought for shore it must be for an interview or an awards show maybe? I slowly got out of the car and grabbed my book so I could finish the last couple of pages left while he's trying on his favorite tuxes.
"Not to be nosy at all, but a tux store?"
"I honestly was waiting for you to ask me. You're just going to have to wait." I shrugged. One of the things I hate the most is being patient. I think all the time how a white piece of paper is patient as hell, but me no. Waiting is the last thing I want to do. Right before we walked in across the parking lot was a blocked off parking lot that was setting up stage for a fashion show.
"Omg! I have never been this close.."
"To a fashion show?" He laughed.
"Um, sure. Actually I have been to many!" I was trying so hard not to embarrass myself.
"Ainsley. It's okay just admit it. You haven't been to one before. You want to check it out real quick. I don't have a problem with it?" I jumped inside knowing this was going to be absolutely exciting!!! Right before we even walked to the lot one of the stage managers notices Shawn and walks up to the microphone on the runway.
"Is that who I think it is?" The women stared at the line filled with girls, photographers, paparazzi's, fans of the show waiting to get in to pick their seats.
"I don't mind opening the gate up early if Mr. Shawn Mendes comes up here and sings!" All of a sudden girls FANS from stores coming sprinting out of stores rushing to the location. All I could hear was a ball of screaming rambling through my ear! I looked in all directions as fans were heading his way. I stared at Shawn then the stage.
"Life or death Shawn! You either sprint for your life to the stage or you get run over by these fans coming faster than the speed of sound." I asked in complete panic mode.
"Wait, but this isn't what I was planning on to do today!"
"You have about 10 seconds to decide." I responded without hesitation.
"But Ainsley!" He had sadness written on his face.
"SHAWN! This is for your fans! You're here because of them. Now go make them happy! Especially me. Please?" He stared into my eyes as I was begging for him to be happy inside. I leaned and gave him a kiss. A smiled smeared onto his soft smooth face.
"Go." I quickly turned him around as he bolted to the stage before a random fan could even try to grab his leg or hand in time.

Shawn immediately went to the mic as the women who seemed to be the stage manager of the show was in all smiles. She gently handed him the mic and fans began to roar loud than a heard of lions combined together.
"Wow uh, this was unexpected.." He laughed into the mic at himself as fans began screaming again. I looked around and thought wow, they get crazy over the littlest things. It's actually hilarious.
"I don't even have a guitar." He looked around the mini platform or stage he was on in search for an instrument.
"I have one!" A fan literally right behind me held up an all black acoustic guitar that almost whacked me in the head; and gave it to Shawn. He grabbed it politely. He winked at the generous fan who seemed to have almost passed out at that little action Shawn did.
"A song from the audience?" He questioned.
"KID IN LOVE!" One fan screamed.
"STITCHES!" Followed another.
"BRING IT BACK!" He laughed and smiled.
"I'm going to go with the first one I heard." He began to play kid in love. The beginning of the song he played beautifully. He was really good at the guitar and I see so much talent in him, and I'm so proud of him.
"And I know that we just met
And maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something
From the moment that we touched.🎶" he sang, but has he did he kept looking at me with a smile. Enjoying at what he does and his love for music. I got this feeling that he was singing this song for me. His hypnotizing dark brown eyes kept meeting mine creating a feeling inside of me. I was beginning to feel special from him.
"Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever wanna grow up.🎶" He turned his body towards my direction and this time he wouldn't stop stareing into my eyes as he sang, but I was doing the same exact thing. I was completely falling in love with his performance towards me at this perfect moment. Then he turned back and faced his loving fans. Then, I felt someone tap on my shoulder.
"You know him?" A girl with bright blonde hair and bright blue eyes came right next to me. She looked about 17 or 18.
"I guess you can that." I responded.
"Well the way he was looking at you seems to be pretty important." She had a smile that crept across her face.
"What? He was looking at you guys in this direction." I was trying to play it off. I didn't want to create anything for Shawn. Suspicious or rumors about his private life.
"Well, you can say that, but he was looking at you. He looked at you completely different then the way he looked at all his fans." I just starred at her.
"Lucky girl, and I'm sure there's a reason why he sang this song particularly for you, don't worry your secret is safe with me." She winked at me turned around and walked into the crowd and slowly mixed in with the fans. I paused for moment taking in the conversation that just happened. For some reason I feel like he's too good for me, people know him and love him. He has a great career, and I don't want to affect him badly because I think I'm falling in love with Shawn Mendes.