Chapter 17 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 17 Ainsley's POV
I opened up my book and sat down on a chair right next to the fitting rooms where Shawn was. I read the last two pages I had and I went to the very back of the book to see what my Pa wrote for me this time. He wrote
My doll,
I knew by the time you finished this book you would know what truly happened to your father. I don't think you understand how deeply sorry I am for your lost. As your guardian I know there is absolutely no role for me to become your father. In your eyes I will always just be your grandpa, but you're always going to be my doll. When your father had you he knew that his job as a coast guard would become difficult to handle because a new love entered his life. But when you're mother left both of you guys unexpected he always told me he might never become the father you would ever want. I don't think you remember but when he passed you were 7 years old, but now that you know what he did was because he wanted to save lives, and I know you want to be able to follow in his footsteps. So my doll, I'm here to tell you it's okay. I did my job of raising a strong, beautiful, and independent women. I'm so proud of you, so please follow your heart because I just want you to be happy. I love you my doll.
With all the love,
Pa
I grabbed the photo that was attached to the back page and it was a picture of me on my dads shoulder and we both were smiling. I wiped the tears off my eyes. I remember this moment. We both were at the park. I was beginning to remember my love for my dad and how much he meant to me, and not only that he actually loved me back. I want to be able to get a chance to tell him that he was a perfect father, and I'm proud of the man he became. I grabbed the photo and placed it back in my book. I looked up as Shawn walked out in this tux. He looked so handsome.
He was wearing a salmon colored long sleeve shirt with a gray vest and a gray tie, with matching gray pants. I loved the way the colored looked on him. I have always been one of those girls who didn't like it when the men wore the jackets. I always thought the men looked more handsome without it, and Shawn looks perfect.
I walked up to him and he smiled.
"I love this color on you. You don't mind wearing this for a guy do you?" I laughed walking up to him and folding up both of his sleeves.
"As long as you like it." He responded with a smile.
"But, why is it you don't want the jacket?" He questioned.
"I think you look better without it."
"Do you like this one?" He lifted his head after watching me fix his sleeves.
"Do I like it? I love it. I think it's different." I smiled.
"Do you love it enough for me to wear it to prom with you?" I paused and looked at him directly in the eyes. My heart dropped in a good way. All my thoughts were running in different directions around my brain. But I knew right away I wanted to. 
"I uh." I scratched my head and smiled to myself.
"Of course." A smile grew on his face as I hugged him as I tight as I could. There are two things that make this better. The first thing is he gets to wear what I want and I already picked it out for him, and second I get to go to prom with a man I am falling in love with.
I leaned my head back and we stared at each other. I place my forehead against his as we just accepted each other for who we are. He leaned in and gave me a kiss.
"I think he'll take this one." I looked at the man behind Shawn as he nodded his head.

"Aw man I'm starving. Are you starving?" Shawn asked as he was driving me home.
"Absolutely." I responded.
"Any where in particular?" He laughed.
"Hmmmm..."
"Carl's Jr. It is!"
"I didn't even get to pick!" We both giggled as he pulled into a parking spot and we both got out. We met each other and he grabbed my hand as we both walked into the fast food restaurant. On the way out Shawn's best friend Zak walked out as we were walking in. He bumped into Shawn's shoulder. Almost seemed to be on purpose.
"Excuse me?" Shawn stopped and turned around.
"Sorry. You were in my way." He faced Shawn and laughed.
"God dammit Zak." I yelled.
"I wasn't talking to you pretty lady." He responded.
"That's enough Zak." Shawn added.
"Oh yeah Ainsley, tell your dad he wasn't that cold when he died. Oh yeah wait you can't." He laughed out loud. I furiously let go of Shawn's hand and began walking extremely fast to Zak with anger and rage in my body.
"Oh what are you going to do? Hit me?" He said as I was getting closer to him. Right when I met him I lifted up my right hand and slapped the living hell out of his face. He slowly lifted up his head with his hand on his left side of his cheek.
"You go straight to hell Zak." He smiled and then he clutched his fist and was about to hit me until Shawn came and stopped his swing right before it met my face. Shawn through his arm down and he put his arm against Zak's neck and shoved him against a random car.
"What you said and what you were about to do crossed the line. You're a worthless man without a purpose on this world and I mean it. Walk out of my life for good you bastard." Shawn had anger in his eyes as Zak jumped up and walked to his car in silence. I have to say I was a little shock to hear Shawn say bastard. I mean I wouldn't expect that to come a guy like him, but it did. I was so upset and angry about what Zak said. But most of all I want to know how he found out.
"Did you tell him? About my father Shawn?" Shawn slowly lifted his head up at me as he looked more sad then I did. That's when I realized Shawn didn't do anything. He wouldn't even try to do anything to hurt me.
"Im so sorry I.." Before he could finish I walked up to him and gave him a hug. He burried his head in my shoulder.
"It's okay. You're okay." I gave him a kiss on his head.
"May I say something?" He asked.
"Yes."
"That was a good hit you gave him." I began to laugh as he raised his head and laughed along with me.
"I think you're right on so many levels." I loved the way he smiled and most of all I loved the way he looks when he smiles. He makes me so happy that it almost terrifies me. But at the end of this perfect well almost perfect day I get to go to prom with Shawn, Shawn Mendes a man that's more than just a singer.