Chapter 7 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 7 Ainsley POV:
I felt so bad for Shawn when he fell. He was being all sweet and kind until that happened. For some reason I just don't see anything in me to like. I know I know embarrassing. A couple of periods passed and I finally was able to make it to my fourth period. My favorite period AP Lit. That's the only class I can understand, also it's really easy to me. I walked in and saw Shawn sitting in his assigned seat in the very front.
"Hi Ainsley." He said as I walked passed him. I smiled as a response.
"He's not interested." Ashely told me as I walked passed her. She giggled to all her little friends thinking what she said was all cute. I rolled my eyes and sat down. I took out my book and put it on my desk.
"Alright class. Gravity was what we left off with yesterday am I right?" Mrs. Castillo said while walking in with Starbucks in her hand.
"Mr. Mendes!" Shawn jumped and gave his absolute attention.
"Please come up here. Mrs. Ashley you as well." Both got up and all the girls were blushing. I looked around thinking these girls had to be serious with their lives.
"We are going to have an argument. Shawn you are going to argue that space understands gravity and is giving us everything we need. Ashely, you're the complete opposite." She explained. Ashley turned to everyone and winked thinking what she was doing was unbelievable. Mrs. Castillo gave them the signal to begin and Ashely spoke,
"NASA is a waste of time because they can't prove anything." She spoke as if she knew everything. I put my hand over my face thinking this has to be the stupidest girl in the world that's not even a real reason, calm on.
"Actually with the money they have and the allies we are able to make satellites that can travel to Neptune and farther. The closer we get the more we can understand not only gravity but time." Shawn responded. The whole class was all ohh!! I giggled. He did have a point, not bad for a singer.
"But they don't last they just loose them and have to make more." She answered.
"That's fine as long as the information comes back the satellite did its job. Because of that we're able to make theories and finally come to conclusions with the universe itself." Shawn answered. I had to say I was impressed, but Ashely wasn't giving him a challenge she was just being plain stupid.
"You're right Shawn everything you say is correct can't argue." She went and gave him a hug and he looked so uncomfortable. I glanced at my teacher who had both of her eye brows up with a face of what just happened. Then I knew I had to do something. Finally I stood up from my seat and spoke.
"If I am not mistaken theories are system of ideas intended to explain something without literal evidence. So it's just an idea." Everyone stopped what they were doing and looking at me. I looked at Shawn in the eyes and he looked surprised.
"Theories aren't literal proof. They can't make us come to literal conclusions on the universe because we have no evidence to state the truth no satellite we have made is able to go out farther than what we want because of time. And if we can't understand time then there is absolutely no way way to understand gravity." I slowly sat down and Ashely just stared at me with anger. Shawn started clapping with an impressive smile on his face. Then everybody started clapping. I honestly don't understand why, I was just filling in Ashely's part because she was doing one hell of a job. Then the bell rang and I sprinted out of the classroom. My heart was beating a million miles per minute only because Shawn seemed to be the only one that cared. Something I have never experienced.