Chapter 29 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 29 Shawn's POV
I began cracking my knuckles getting ready to go on for my performance tonight. Tonight I was planning on performing something special. Something that I have been working on. It's been about four weeks since I have heard or seen from Ainsley. And I miss her so much. I would do anything to have her back. I never thought I would ever know to love because of my music. But I was wrong. I was also wrong for leaving her. But I had to do what I had to do. In life decisions are consistently made, we make so many we don't even know which ones we even pick. That's because we take for granite the time we have. That's what I did. A boy who had a month to rest and then falling in love with a girl not realizing the time he left. Time, how it can easily become an enemy to everyone. Unfortunately, I lost this battle.
"A, A minor." I began saying guitar cords out loud.
"How's you're tour going?" I turned around and saw my stage manager walking towards me. Not the exact person I wanted to see.
"Well, you should know. You're on it too." I responded. She came and sat right next to me.
"You're right. Dumb question on my part." I kept looking down.
"Shawn. I noticed somethings wrong with you." I sighed.
"No. I'm good." I told her hesitantly.
"No you're not. Did you want to talk about it?" She asked. I shook my head.
"Well, whatever it is. You're going to get through it. You have over 5,000 fans out there. Don't let them see you struggle. Because if you do so do they." Right I thought to myself. For the publicity. Because if I'm not normal then everyone will know my personal business.
"Okay. Thank you." I told her as she gave me a side hug.
"Your on in two." She jumped up as I went to side stage being hooked up to microphones and getting my guitar situated. I began clearing my throat and singing some of my songs.
"Alright. 3, 2, 1." I ran out at as the crowd roared with excitement. A smile grew on my face as I actually felt better. This is all worth it for me. Seeing all the fans singing to my songs, I wouldn't change a thing in the world for this.
"All the strings attached girl,
all the strings attached girl.
Mhm yeah." As everyone screamed as I began to open the concert. I began strumming my heart out singing every lyric with all I got.
"SING IT! Darling I want all the strings attached
love it when you look at me like that!" I stopped singing letting the fans take over. Yup. They're all just perfect.
I my best hits throughout the whole concert. Life of the party, stitches, something big, the weight, and show you. Those were some I sang and I loved every moment of it. I was beginning to reach the end of show as I began to feel emotional.
"Alright you guys were getting towards the end here, and I wanted to say this is the best moment for me as a singer to all of you. Seriously, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys. All of you deserve the world." All of them cheered.
"I wanted to end this night a little differently. A little special. You see. I wrote a new song." I couldn't hear myself speak after that because the stadium when loud. I chuckled as I got close to the microphone.
"About 4 weeks ago, I lost something important to me. Something I should have done better with." I took a deep breathe.
"I decided to my feelings towards this into a song. So here it is for you guys. My new song, "Act Like You Love me." I began to pick as the stadium stayed quiet. My heart was slowly falling into the song. A song that I feel in love with. Like I did with Ainsley.
"So you leave tomorrow
Just sleep the night
I promise I will, make things right
I'll make you breakfast, the way you like
Before you leave tomorrow
Just let me try." I wanted Ainsley to know she was loved. Not by anyone but by me. I wanted her to know that before I left I wanted to make her feel happy about herself. About everything. But this song means I wanted her to love me so I knew it was okay for me to go. I wanted time to hold her before she left. I just wanted her to find someone who gives her everything. I wanted to be that man before I left her.
"Stay here and lay here right in my arms
It's only a moment, before you're gone
And I, am keeping you warm
Just act like you love me, so I can go on
And act like you love me, so I can go on." I sang trying not to cry on stage. I never wanted to say goodbye to her. I never did. I know she's going to find someone special who's going to give her everything she wants. I couldn't be that man, I had plans, and I wanted her to be part of.
As I was reaching towards the end of the song, I began to feel like my own. This is what I do. This is what I'm made to become.
"When you go, I can't watch you leave
Just promise me you'll sneak out when I'm asleep
And when you go, and you're miles down the road
I wake up wishing everything was just a dream

Just stay here and lay here right in my arms
It's only a moment before you're gone
And I, am keeping you warm
Just act like you love me, so I can go on

And stay here and lay here right in my arms
It's only a moment, before you're gone
And I, am keeping you warm
Just act like you love me, so I can go on
And act like you love me, so I can go on
Just act like you love me, so I can go on."
I strummed my last note as the crowd went crazy. I looked at everyone as flashlights from the phones were out and smiling faces. If only they knew the true meaning behind this song. How special it is to me. I waved to all of them slowly letting them know I was respecting every little thing they did for me tonight. I walked off slowly with me held down and my heart broken. I'm not completed yet. I began to cry as I walked off stage. I wrote my story, and I sang my songs. I hung up pictures on the wall with precious moments of us. The ones we carved in stone the best memories after all. Now I have to let go from here and on.