Chapter 25 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 25 Ainsley's POV
It's been a long miserable week. When I thought everything in my life was coming together it ended up shattering. Like a mirror. Have I heard anything from Shawn? No. Nothing. I believe he listened to me. Did I think it was the best for me? I don't know. I miss him. I miss him so much, and adding on to that I still love him so much. It was early in the morning and I went to see pa. I went down the hallway and turned to his room and saw he wasn't there. I was extremely confused. I peeked my head through and saw a doctor in there filling out some paper work.
"Excuse me?" I asked. He stopped what he was doing and he looked at me.
"Hello."
"I'm sorry, but there was a man in is room?"
"Oh yes, Richard. You must be his daughter." The doctor must have not remembered me from the moment we first met.
"Where is he?" He put his head down. My heart dropped. Please don't say it. Please please don't say it.
"Last night at 12:09 am his pulse began dropping. Faster than what we were expecting. We tried everything we could." I put my hand over my mouth.
"He didn't make it. I'm terrible sorry." I nodded my head in understanding that their job isn't the easiest and the happiest. I knew it was going to happen. Everything I know was taken away from me. My body became extremely weak and the tears in my eyes kept coming out.
"Thank you." I turned and slowly walked out of the room. At this moment I wanted Shawn here. I wanted him here to hold me. To tell me everything will be okay, that things will become easier, but he can't. I took a deep breathe and pulled myself together. You have to be strong Ainsley. Crying and complaining I have nothing left isn't going to get me anywhere. I wiped the tears from my eyes and cleared my throat. I began leaving the hospital, but right there I saw Zak walking in.
"There's no point." I told him he stopped.
"Don't take this the wrong way Ainsley. But I didn't come for grandpa, I came for you." I stopped and just looked at him.
"What do you want?" I questioned.
"It's about Shawn." I rolled my eyes.
"Look, you have every single right to be down in the dumps. But please take this time and hear me out." He looked so desperate for me to listen so I just did as I was told.
"You have approximately 10 minutes." I demanded.
"Look. Shawn leaves on his tour next week. Okay? And he's been a living wreck since you have left him. He doesn't talk he just looks so unhappy, and you know Shawn. He's not like that. He smiles, laughs, and is just being a teen. It was my fault you found out. You're probably more mad at him then what you should be because you found out from another person. I shouldn't have said anything. That was something that he needed to do. I have made more mistakes in my past more than Shawn. Okay? I have stole things, I have bullied people, and I did the stupidest thing in the world and took a life, all from drinking and driving. Now I have to live with that. For the rest of my god dam life alright? Now Shawn? He's as innocent as you can get. He's got this personality where everyone wants to be and to be around. He loves his music, his fans, and importantly you. So what I am saying here is for you to please reconsider your options. Not for me, but for him." He took a deep breathe.
"Please?" He asked.
He turned around and walked away. I listened to every single word that came out of his mouth. And from the bottom of his heart he was being completely honest, and I just want to tell Shawn I'm sorry. He only lied to not hurt me and even more to that but because he didn't expect to fall in love, and that's not his fault.
"Hey Zak?" I turned around.
"Tell him the funeral is Monday of next week please." He nodded at me, then turned around and kept walking.