Chapter 19 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 19 Ainsley's POV
I put in the last and final sparkle in my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror extremely nervous for tonight. Prom. I picked out a slalom colored lace dressed to match Shawn. The dress has laced sleeves but they never covered my shoulders. It was basically a sweetheart neckline with laced sleeves. I feel in love with it the moment I saw it.
"Ainsley." My pa knocked on the bathroom door and I turned around to face him.
"You look beautiful." I smiled.
"Thank you." He lifted up his hand and he had a red rose.
"I'm sorry I can't stay for long, but I'll see you Saturday." I gave him a hug.
"I understand. Promise you will be careful though? Please?" I stared into his eyes.
"I promise." He out his hand on my face and smiled.
"I'm so proud of you. I love you very much doll."
"I love you too." He pulled away from the hug and he stood straight.
"Now. I believe there is someone waiting for you." I tilted my head as he moved from the door frame and I saw Shawn walk up from behind him. He finally looked at up and a smile crept across his face.
"You look so beautiful Ainsley."
"You look handsome Shawn."
"Oh uh, this is for you." He opened a box with my corsage that matched my dress. He slipped it on my hand and he grabbed it. We both walked out.
"PICTURE TIME!" My pa flashed a camera as the flashed all,last blinded Shawn and I. I began to laugh. We both smiled and Shawn looked at me in my eyes. He leaned in and gave me a kiss.
"Yup. I just caught the photo of the year!" I glanced my pa who was beaming. He looked so happy and that's all I wanted from him. Was to be nothing but happy.
"Now before you both go." My pa walked up to Shawn.
"She comes home safe, and she will be by herself so don't try to put on any stupid pranks on her!" Shawn began to laugh.
"I believe you have nothing to worry about sir."
"Good. Now go. And have fun." Shawn walked me outside and I was extremely nervous.
"We're going to have a killer night tonight!" He but his lip and smiled and laughed to himself.
"Well, aren't you funny."
"I'm serious. I'm excited to spend this night with you."
"Me too." I smiled. I kept thinking about where my pa was going. I was completely confused on why he wouldn't tell me. I was thinking of the different reasons on top of my head.
Maybe he was going on a date!
No that stupid he would have definitely told me about that. I finally looked up and saw we were already at our venue. I was shocked.
"We came here that fast?" I asked Shawn.
"No. We were on the road for about 30 minutes." He began to laugh.
"Wow. I must have been zoned out perhaps." I itched my elbow.
"I was talking to you, but then I realized you weren't listening to me so I stopped."
"Wait what?" I responded quickly.
"See." He grinned.
"Wait no, wait, that was weird I'm really sorry."
"You're good. It happens." He got out of the car and he walked over to my side and opened he door like a perfect gentlemen. I grabbed his hand and closed the door behind me. People were waking in and out of the venue. Man, so many girls had beautiful dresses I began to think maybe I have a not so pretty dress. I pulled Shawn aside.
"Shawn Shawn! Do I look okay?" I began fiddling with my hair and my dress.
"Ainsley," he grabbed my hand.
"You look beautiful. You make me happy. That's all that matters." I smiled and we began to make our way round. I was really excited but extremely nervous because this was my first time doing something like this with Shawn, with anybody in matter of fact.
As we were walking a rude girl went and shoved me from behind and walked right past me.
"Excuse me." I said.
"Sorry. Get out the way." As I recognized her face I noticed it was Ashely. She was jealous. And linked arms with her was Zak. Shawn's dick of a friend.
"Hey Shawn. That color really suits you." He looked back and laughed.
"Wait, it looks a little girly especially without the coat." He added. I let go of Shawn's hand and began to walk to Zak until Shawn stopped me.
"This is what he wants. Let's not let him have it." I took a deep breathe. And I listened closely to what he said.
"For the record. You look hot." I grabbed his hand and walked to the venue. People on the way kept telling us we looked cute and that our matching is great. That's all I needed. I knew we looked great and better yet I knew that Ashley and Zak were doing it just to be assholes. And that's perfectly fine with me. Because I'm happy and they can suck it!
Alright sorry, that was embarrassing. But on a serious note, I'm extremely happy. Happier then I ever have been before.
We both sat down on at a table.
"I'm going to go get us drinks." He got up and I lost him with the crowd. I sat there thinking to myself.
Don't screw up Ainsley.
Have fun.
Be yourself.
Don't be self cautious.
And tell Shawn how you really feel!