Chapter 28 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 28 Shawn's POV
I woke up in my bed on the tour bus, and I was absolutely exhausted. Our first stop was LA. And I love it here. For some reason though I am not, what's the word.. Happy. I couldn't get Ainsley out of my head. It was my fault, I should have known my boundaries and know who I was going to like. Plus I didn't even have the courage to tell her. My friend did. Which was even better. I opened the door and saw fans being blocked off, but screaming. I quickly ran back in realizing I was still in my pajamas. That's embarrassing. I quickly changed combed my hair and put some cologne on then went back outside. Wow. That's better. I gave them a wave and went into Mercedes jeep getting a ride to my concert.
"Mr. Mendes?" I looked up and saw the driver was talking to me.
"Yes?" I asked.
"My daughter is a fan." I shook my head smiling while that reminded me about the man at the Tux store. That was pretty hilarious.
"I'm glad. If you ever have the time, and she wants to meet. Please let me know." He smiled.
"Thank you. Thank you so much." I sighed.
"Something must be on your mind." He added.
"Is that obvious?" I rubbed my fingers through my hair.
"Men know each other. I bet it's about a girl." Man. It must be that easy to read. Seriously.
"Yeah your right."
"Let me guess. She couldn't come with you on tour?" I nodded. She was the best thing that has happened to me. Everything I thought I knew, wasn't because of music. But because of her.
"I mean I wanted to do something for her, but..." I was interrupted.
"But, you knew what was right."
"I thought I did. I mean. She said one thing to me I can't get out of my head." He listened.
"She thought in the months that we were together. She thought I acted like I loved her." He frowned.
"It crushed me. Crushed me hard." A tear fell my eye. Sheesh. Why am I getting emotional. I never get like this before a concert! Calm on Shawn ! Get it together. And why am I opening up to this man.
"I'm very sorry." He said.
"Me too." We pulled up as he parked the car and waited for me to get out. I reached in my pocket and grabbed a guitar pick and grabbed my marker and signed it. I leaned where the man was sitting and handed it to him.
"Thank you. Thank you very much sir." I patted his shoulder and hopped out the car. My stage manager was there as well as other people.
"Mr. Mendes." I looked at my stage manager.
"Sound check it ready for you. And don't forget the small meet and greet." I nodded. I followed her as someone handed me my guitar. We were by the stage as the pulled out my microphone for me. I could hear about 15-20 fans waiting for my sound check performance. They were going to be thrilled. I just know it because of experience of course.
I walked out as they all started screaming. I smiled.
"You watch me
Bleed until I can't breathe." I sang. They tagged along. Seriously sometimes I don't know why they do sound check they are always perfect the whole time. There literally hasn't been one time where my microphone had busted. At least that's what I remember.
I kinda stopped on my own and jumped off stage where they were. They were leaning against a couple of bars and some security guards next to them.
"Alright I have an honest statement for you guys, what song should I open with?" They all started screaming.
"I believe stitches."
"STITCHES!" Everyone one of them said that song.
"CRAZY!" I heard one randomly. I stopped and saw a girl who looked to be 13 staring at me. It had to be her. I walked to her and leaned in close to her.
"You like that song?" I asked her. She smiled.
"I love that song Shawn. It's my favorite."
"I'm glad. I'll do that one how about that." She started to cry. I laughed and gave her a hug.
"Shawn! Are you single!" I dropped inside, I was trying so hard not to show my emotion physically. All I did was laugh as they all started to say somethings. I really didn't listen, but I went and jumped back on stage.
"I love you guys." As I waved by exiting off stage.
"I didn't need shoes on my feet, I didn't need a bed to fall asleep." I started singing to myself. A lyric I sang from my song Crazy.
"And I really need you in my life
Now I know
That you give me this crazy feeling
And you won't have to wait no more for me
For me." I sang more. This song reminded me of Ainsley. How she beautiful she was. I believe me leaving was the best for the both of us. All I was going to do was leave her because of my music. I'm telling the truth to myself. I just remember when we first met I had books fall on my feet. I think the best song that would describe who she was when I first met her was my song A Little To Much. I sang to myself.
"She would not show that she was afraid,
But being and feeling alone was too much to face,
Though everyone said that she was so strong,
What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on,
But she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way." Yup those are perfect for her. She made me so happy. Happier than I have been a long time. But now I have to do this concert. I have to push through. And hopefully go through strong.