Chapter 21 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 21 Ainsley's POV
I looked at Shawn in the eyes as I was rubbing my fingers through his hair. We just layer there on my bed and I was just thinking about him. What I want my future to be, I mean he's singer he has fans so if anyone needs to make a decision it has to be me not him. But at this moment I didn't want to think about that. My thoughts were scattered. How much I have changed. I never though in a million years I would love someone the way he loved me back. He held my other hand as his eyes were closed he was relaxing.
"I have a serious question." I whispered to him.
"What would that be?" He answered.
Before I could answer I found myself falling asleep.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I looked over and saw Shawn wasn't in bed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned and stretched. Probably the best stretch I have ever had. I slipped on a black T and some some sweats. I walked out of my room and right when I looked in the kitchen Shawn dropped a couple of eggs.
"Damn it." He told to himself. I began to laugh.
"Shawn." He lifted his head up.
"I'm so sorry, I uh tried.." Before he could finish I politely interrupted him.
"No it's okay. Let me help." I walked over and grabbed a couple of oranges.
"My grandpa, would make fresh orange juice just by squeezing instead of actually using a compressor."
"Grandpa?" Shawn questioned.
"I haven't heard you call him that before."
"Sometimes I like to be specific." I smiled.
"Does your fans know about me?" I asked while sneezing my heart out on these oranges.
"I haven't really posted anything or announcing really, but you know how the public works, they find a way to let everyone know about a celebrities private life." I shook my head.
"Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't mind if people knew about you." He leaned in and gave me a kiss. I turned and was still working on the orange juice which was taking a lot longer than I though.
Then his phone rang.
"Hello? What? Wait, where? Are you okay?" I stopped.
"Shawn, Shawn!" I tried to ask him who he was talking to, but he wouldn't answer.
"I'll be right there!" He grabbed all of his stuff and ran out the door.
I just stood there with an eye brow lifted up.
"Well, that was odd?"
"Guess I have to clean up this mess myself?" I grabbed a pancake and took a bite from it.
"Wow he totally undercooked these." I laughed and through the pancake until I heard a knock on the door. I walked to it and opened as I saw two police officers standing there.
I immediately lifted my hands up.
"I swear I don't do drugs!" I panicked.
"Glad to hear kid, that's not why we're here." I put my hands down and began to listen to the officers.
"Are you Ainsley? The daughter of Richard Cox?" Richard was my grandpa, but I just flowed with it because I knew what they met.
"Yes. That's me. Is their a problem?" I asked beginning to get a nervous feeling in my stomach.
"Mrs. Ainsley. You father has been in a terrible accident."
"What?" I responded right away.
"Last night from what we were able to gather he was returning home from a trip and he was hit by a drunk driver, he's in critical condition." I couldn't breathe I couldn't catch my breath. My heart felt like it was stabbed and my head was spinning. I opened my mouth to respond but I began crying. That's all I did.
"Where is he now?" I asked in a whisper as if I was a little kid afraid of the dark.
"He is in Cryptic Hospital a couple miles down from here. Would you like us to take you?"
"No, thank you officers." They nodded and walked there way away from my door. I closed the door behind and sprinted to my room putting on clean clothes as fast as I could. I quickly put my head up and I ran out getting into my car.
"Please don't go, please..." I laid my head on the wheel as every tear fell out of my eyes.
"He's all I have. Please don't take him." My voice was shaky and miserable.
I started my car. I wonder why plans that have a meaning in the end occur. Why some happen badly and the outcome remains unknown. It only approaches one day at a stupid time. For me, I have had everything taken away from. A mom who didn't love me a graft her I was barely able to know and a brother who never got the chance to see the world. He's all I have, and if he's gone I will be a broken glass extremely impossible to repair.