Chapter 27 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 27 Ainsley's POV
I slowly watched as the men lowered his casket. It was just him and I. That's how it's always been. I wasn't crying I had to be strong. For him especially. But now it's just me. Everything I knew and the memories we had were consistently repaying in my head. How he taught me how to swim, ride a bike, and even yet how to be good. Good? I know right doesn't seem normal, but you see the truth is when you have a good heart it's not the big things that become valuable. It's the small things like seeing your loved ones coming home safe, seeing someone at random occasions. I slowly looked around and then pulled out a piece of paper and I read out loud,
"Dear pa,
For a couple of months now I have been trying to plan out what I was going to write to you. You know how you wrote to me I'm books I wanted to do the same. I wanted to tell you that you took on the hardest job anyone could ever encountered. Was to try to be a parent. It was harder for me to watch you try to be something that you weren't suppose to be than you thinking I wasn't loved. When I saw kids talking about and walking with their parents I immediately thought, I'm so happy on what I have. Why? Because it was just you, me, and the world. And not enough money in this world can change what I feel about that. I wanted to say that, I'm sorry. I was too late. Too late to make you a message that would last a lifetime, but I'm too late. Instead I'm standing here wondering if you are listening to me or not, but I'm sorry.." I slowly fell to my knees with my heart breaking and tears coming out.
Everything I have loved was taken away from me. The greatest man in my eyes is gone. Why is this happening? Why!?
"It's okay." I felt a hand over my shoulder and I saw Shawn kneel down next to me as he had just as much sadness in his eyes as I did. When I looked at him I cried harder.
He pulled me into a hug.
"Everything will be okay. I promise." He whispered to me. I couldn't even think straight, even worst I couldn't believe Shawn is leaving. He needs to be successful, and better yet he needs to continue inspiring people for their love of music, and I know I can't take that way from him. I thought about times where I believe the world was out to get me.
But I kinda had to learn everything happens for a reason. Do I agree with that now? I'm not so sure anymore. I have lost so much in my life I don't know if I'm confident in that statement anymore. Now that I don't have someone to help me guide my future I have to dictate that on my own, and that scares me more than speaking in front of a live audience. I stood up and looked at Shawn as he was slowly getting back on his feet.
"I think you need to leave Shawn." I told him like a quiet girl afraid of the dark.
"Okay." He didn't argue. He gave a small nod, turned and walked away. I looked at my message and folded it up placing it on my pa's casket.