Chapter 30 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 30 Ainsley POV
I stood in the corner in the backstage watching Shawn getting un clipped from microphones and walking into his dressing room. I wiped the tears from my eyes. That song was beautiful, and that whole moment was breath taking. That song he wrote, I listened to every word he sang. I fell in love with it just like the way I fell in love with him. I have never had someone love me to where they would make a song for me. I decided to leave. To leave everything behind, but not my grandpa he will always and forever stay with me. I decided to decline offers from school because of one person. Shawn. I never though I would get the chance in my life to fall in love. I never thought it would be someone famous. There was so much more to him then what fans see him as. A beautiful song writer and just a great musician. When growing up I didn't know what I wanted to do. Or what I wanted to be, but I believe I found myself the first day I met Shawn Mendes. I tried to sneak myself to his room without getting caught. And luckily I did. Success! I tried to open his door, but it was locked. I saw a security guard and I walked to him.
"Hello! Sir you wanna help me out?" I gave him a cheesy smile.
"What are you doing back here! You shouldn't be here!" He grabbed my hand trying to get me out of the place until I broke away.
"LOOK!" I yelled at him.
"There is a man in that room with a half beating heart waiting to be mended together! I DID THAT TO HIM! YEAH THAT SONG YOU HEARD? YOU KNOW THE "ACT LIKE YOU LOVE ME" ONE? YEAH THAT WAS FOR ME! SO NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME THE HELL OUT!" I took a deep breathe as his eyes widen and he looked scared out of his mind.
"Okay. Here." He handed me a key as I snatched it from his hand furiously and walked to his room. Now that was me talking out of frustration back there. I honestly would have never done that if it was a regular basis.
I was beginning to feel nervous as I slipped the eye into the lock. I didn't know how he was going to act, or what he was going to say. He was the best thing that walked into my life, and I'm so thankful he found me. I slowly opened the door as he was laying in his couch with his arm over his eyes. I closed the door gently. I tried to open my mouth, but nothing came out. I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks and he still looks the same. Handsome. I just wanted to go over there and hug him.
I felt my heart racing, I felt like I wanted to cry.
"Shawn?" He slowly brought his arm down and made eye contact with me. He jumped from the couch in shock and his eyes widen. He walked up to me.
"Ainsley? What are you doing here?" He looked so confused. I could tell he was trying to get his words together, but was having a hard time to.
"I choose you." I told him. I was trying hard not to cry.
"What?" He put his hand over his mouth.
"I thought I knew what I wanted, but I didn't. I wanted you, and I'm so sorry I took me so long to come here. I just wanted to get myself together not for you, but for me. I took down offers from schools because they wouldn't have made me happy. I left everything behind on who I was. I eventually meet that person again one day, but I found out that you don't really know the value of a person until their gone, but I drove you off Shawn. It was me." He interrupted me.
"No. It was my fault. I lied to you Ainsley." He stepped closer to me.
"You don't deserve a guy like me."
"Stop! I didn't take the time to realize why you did what you did. It was only because you didn't want to hurt me. I should have listened. My grandpa always told me always listen to those who have a reason to speak, and I failed at that with you. I don't want to share this life with anyone else, but you. But that's because I love you Shawn." I took a deep breath feeling the tears coming out of my eyes.
"I'm sorry. I left you this pain, and that song you wrote me? Was so beautiful. I want to stay here and lay with you, and have you right in my arms. I want it to be a beautiful moment. But I don't want you to be gone. Because I won't act like I love, only cause that would be a lie a lie to myself Shawn." I tried to rephrase his song only in my view of it for him.
"If you don't want me back. I'm okay Shawn. I will be. As long as I got the chance to see and speak to you for one last time." I was trying to hold myself together.
"No, Ainsley. Stay here with me." He leaned in and gave me a kiss as I kissed him back finally feeling happy since the day he left. He slowly pulled away as he wiped the tears from eyes.
"I have missed you, so much." He pushed my hair behind my ear, and slowly back me up to the wall. I stared into his eyes as he did the same. He slowly kissed my neck as he finally reached my lips. I wrapped my arms around him just wanting to be with him. All I ever wanted for him was to be happy, and I will do anything I can to do that for him.
I put my hand down his back slowly lifting his shirt.