Chapter 14 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 14 Shawn's POV:
I woke to my alarm that was calling for my attention to wake up. Then I heard a mysterious knock on my door.
"Come in." I whipped my sleepy eyes noticing it was Zak that walked in.
"What's up pal!" He came and smacked my head sitting his ass on the side of my bed.
"Hi." I responded feeling a little irritated.
"I came to talk to you about prom." I stopped rubbing my eye and gave my complete attention to his.
"What about it."
"Well. It's in two days, and because you have to leave on tour soon you have to be able to experience this once." He just had this giddy mood.
"Thanks for reminding me." I noticed he was just smiling at me, and I got this feeling he did something, something I know I wouldn't like.
"So I have all these plans on how you can ask Ashley. Maybe a moonlight picnic, arcade." I got up ignoring everything he was saying. I walked to my drawer and grabbed a black t shirt and slipped it on.
"Dude! Ashely is stoked. I mean as your best friend I kinda hinted her that you were going to ask her. But dude. I couldn't help it." He laughed to himself and I slammed my drawer closed. He stopped suddenly with the foolishness knowing I wasn't happy.
"I'm not interested in her. Seriously. If you like her so much why don't you just ask her. She deserves you." Zak got up and walked to me.
"Dude. You can't be hanging around with girls like Ainsley she's not going to get you anywhere."
"And you think Ashely is? What are you my manager? No you're not. You're my best friend. Don't forget that Zak." I rolled my eyes at him in frustration. He grabbed my arm until I slapped his hand back.
"Don't touch me. Ever." I stared in Zak's eyes ready to fight him.
"Get out of my room. And leave my house. Now." He clinched his fist and stormed out of my presence and then the house. But he was right. I do need to think about prom, but he doesn't know what is right for me. I don't know why it took me this long pretty much last minute to think About the event.
I need to take Ainsley. And I know the exact way to ask her.
I drove to her house and knocked on the door. I stood back as it opened and saw it was her grandpa.
"Hello sir. Is Ainsley here." I questioned.
"My boy she's not doing to well right now." He answered sorrowful.
"What. Is she okay?" I began to panic.
"May I see her. Please sir." He was kind enough to let me in and I ran to her room. Scared of what I was going to see. But she was laying down facing away from me on her bed. I went over and kneeled down by her side.
"You feeling okay?" I questioned.
"Not really. I have a sore throat and my nose.." Before she finished she began coughing.
"Sorry. What did you need?" She asked in sweet quiet voice.
"Nah, don't worry about it."
"Shawn?"
"I wanted you to come with me to the mall for something, but you're not feeling well at all. So stay here and rest." I asked.
"No. I'm coming." She slowly got up from her bed and I stopped her and laid her back down.
"I said I'm coming." She demanded.
"Not like this."
"I'll live." She responded quickly.
"No you won't." I responded in half a second faster.
"I'm coming." She pushed her way through me and walked out to the kitchen. She asked her grandpa to make her soup to go, and he did. I made my way around the kitchen and saw him reading the newspaper with some tea as Ainsley closed her door to get ready.
"Sit down my boy." He asked in a polite manner. I did as I was told. He handed me a tea cup and pour some tea in it for me to drink.
"Thank you sir." I responded.
"So what do you do?" He questioned.
"I sing, and play the guitar."
"Really?" He smiled.
"Yes sir."
"Ainsley used to play the guitar, but she stopped with music after her father passed away." I paused with my heart melting, almost as if my heart was ripped right out of me and thrown into a volcano.
"Her father and brother aren't here with her anymore?" I asked.
"My boy, they're always going to be here for her. Just not physically."
"May I ask how?" I asked in curiosity
"Coast guard. Hypothermia. I know deep down in her heart she wants to do what he did. In the last book book I got her. I wrote the truth on the back of it. She hasn't finished it yet, but when she does she'll be able to admit to it." He explained. I personally think coast guard has to be one of the scariest jobs in the world, but take amazingly brave people to do it. If Ainsley wants to do it, I am giving my word and all my support to her to achieve that.
"My boy, may you do me a grateful favor?" Her grandpa put down his newspaper and starred into my eyes. I nodded in response.
"May you sing me a song?" I paused.
"Of course."
"It's just when I think about music I think of the beautiful times when she would play, and I don't have much time to live. I want to be able to hear someone sing live in front of me one last time." I nodded. All I could say is this person is incredible and amazingly kind at heart.
He got up and went into his room and walked out with a guitar. It was all black with gold strings. I crept a smile on my face when he handed it to me.
"Anything in particular sir?" I questioned he shook his head.
I began to pick one of my favorite songs "Stitches"
"I thought that I'd been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore. 🎶" in every line I was singing I really hoped it met
something to him.
"Gotta feeling that I'm going under,
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on,
You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Tripping over myself
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches.🎶" I ended with a hard strum and silence.
"Okay I'm ready." I turned around to Ainsley and I gently put the guitar down and followed her out the door.