Chapter 23 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 23 Ainsley's POV
I was completely exhausted. I was drained completely. I opened the door to my grandpas room and stood there. I looked at him as he laid their helplessly. For once in my life I felt the real pain of someone you deeply love. I slowly walked to him and sat down right next to his bed and grabbed his hand.
"For the longest time I have always been Irritated that you called me doll." I laughed to myself sniffling.
"But what's worst. Is if I can't hear you call me that anymore. Please don't go." I squeezed his hand, and laid my head down.
"Ainsley?" I lifted my head up and saw Shawn behind me with some chocolate milk and a bag of cookies.
"I didn't know if you were hungry or not. I mean this was the only thing that looked good at the cafeteria."
"I'm good." I told him.
"Good. Zak wanted these anyway." I looked down.
"Look. I have a meet and greet tonight. I promise I'll be back." He leaned down and kissed my head and walked out. Then soon after Zak the ass walked in.
He didn't say anything but he sat next to me. Silence I believed spoke for itself in this situation. All I wanted to was scream and kill Zak. But what good would that do? It won't bring back pa if he does go. But one of the things pa did teach me is people make mistakes all the time some they may feel forever. I know Zak feels guilty, but even though him being drunk was his fault him hitting a wasn't. When you're drunk you can't control yourself, and I truly understand that. It means a lot though he's here for me. I know he's a good guy. Just has some flaws that need to be cleared.
"When Shawn and I were in 6th grade." Zak began to talk.
"He used to get a pencil and play air guitar in class." He laughed to himself.
"One time I got so mad at him for that, when he was swinging I flipped him over and he crashed into the wood chips. He went to the hospital to stitch up his head. I felt really bad for (1) because he was just expressing his love for music and (2) because he was best friend. I promised myself I would never do something like that to send someone in the hospital again. But I failed." He looked straight and I could tell he was trying nard not to cry.
I leaned in and gave him a small side hug.
"Zak. It's okay." I told him.
"Why are you like that?" He asked.
"Like what?" I questioned.
"So forgiving. The person you love the most is laying in a hospital bed right now because of me and you're okay with that?" He answered.
"Am I okay with that? Absolutely not. Do I hate you for that? Yes, but me being angry at you isn't going to solve the problem." I answered. I just wanted to be reasonable with him. I know he has said such horrible things in the past, but I can't change that. All I can do is hope for the best. 
"So your not mad at Shawn for leaving soon?" Zak added.
"What? He left just right now." I responded. He must be a little behind.
"No, I met about him leaving on his tour in two weeks?" I paused.
"What are you talking about?" I needed answers.
"Shawn is leaving on tour next week maybe? No I said two weeks. He's two weeks he's leaving." Anger grew in my body. I was furious.
"I don't believe he mentioned that at all." I began to breathe hard and fast.
"Oh, no. I wasn't suppose! I'm so sorry I thought you knew!" He began to panic. He stood up straight and put his hands over his face.
"I think I'm going to go to the bathroom." I walked up and things were beginning to spin everywhere. Shawn leaving on tour! How could he have not told me! Why wouldn't he?!
He got with me so he could just leave me soon? So many God dam questions and not enough answers. Why are things becoming so bad all of sudden. I don't understand! I just jumped so fast into things and then it back fires on me? Why Shawn! Why ?