Chapter 22 Act Like You Love Me

Chapter 22 Shawn's POV
"You have got to be kidding me." I yelled at Zak. I sat on his bed and put my hands over my face.
"I'm so sorry. I was drunk and I didn't mean.." Before he could I finish I interrupted him without even giving a thought.
"How did you know?" I questioned.
"How did I know what?" He answered.
"How did you know that it was Ainsley's grandpa you hit?"
"When I came home this morning. I went to the nearest hospital that I think he would might be at and I went to go see him." He explained.
"Oh my god, how am I going to tell her."
"You don't have to!" I shot straight up from my bed and stared at him.
"I don't have too? That's so stupid of you to say!" I yelled.
"IM SAYING THAT BECAUSE IF YOU TELL HER SHE IS GOING TO BE MAD AT YOU, AND PROBABLY LEAVE YOU! AND I DON'T WANT THAT FOR YOU SHAWN!" He yelled.
"Well hate to break it to you Zak! She still will leave me any ways!" I responded. He froze.
"What do you mean?" He asked, he calmed himself down.
"I haven't told her I was leaving on my tour in two weeks. She's going to hate me, because I lied." I took a deep breathe.
"I'm so sorry Shawn." He sat down next to me.
"The day you got big with your music and left here.." I looked at Zak as he was about to explain something I was totally un aware of. He took a deep breathe.
"When you left here, I was a mess. I truly was. I contacted you and you wouldn't respond as normal or as often, people began using me to get to you, and I just lost myself. You were the only friend I truly believed in. And when you came back, I didn't know how to act I just.. Ugh, I just didn't know what to do. And now I'm a mess. I thought I knew what was best for I was wrong. I thought I still knew you I was wrong. And now I might have taken something away from someone you love. I'm so sorry." Zak began to cry. But what was worst. I did too.
I wanted to become angry with him, but I couldn't. He was just as lost as he was before. People do things that they can't take back. Not ever. But the best part about life is you get the ability to learn and change from it.
"I just wish you would have talked me about this ahead of time Zak."
"Look, I'll change myself. I swear with my life. I'll get help. I just need you that's all."
"You don't need help Zak. You never did. You're such a great guy and a great friend. I'll go tell Ainsley. She's at this hospital down the street right now I bet." I got up and Zak did as well.
"Let me go with you. I believe I need to tell her myself." He grabbed a sweat shirt and we both walked out of his house together.

We both walked in the hospital I looked at Zak and when I did he fell over his own feet.
"Shit dude." I lifted him up as he dusted himself off.
"No one saw that right?" He whispered to me looking around." I have a little laugh.
"I don't think so. Now do you remember where the room was?" I questioned.
"Yeah it's over here." He walked in front of me leading the way then he stopped right down the hall way.
"There she is." He told me. I looked over his shoulder and saw Ainsley sitting on a chair outside of her grandpa's room with her head down.
"Just stay here for right now." I walked to her as sat down right next to her.
"They told me. He might not uh." He began to choke on her tears as her voice cracked.
"Come here." I held my arms out as she got up and sat on my lap and I held her. She layer her head on my shoulder and I could feel her tears. Zak came walking down and sat right next to me.
"Ainsley?" She lifted her head up and looked at Zak.
"I have something I need to tell you." He explained. He looked so nervous. I thought he was about to cry.
"I think you should know this right away, but your grandpa is here because of." He cleared his throat.
"Because of me." Her faced changed. I thought I could feel her heart stop.
"You bitch!" She got up and began hitting him until I quickly got up and pulled her away.
"Ainsley's stop!" She pushed herself away from me.
"He didn't mean to!"
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU'RE DEFENDING HIM!" She yelled in my face.
"YEAH I AM! IF YOU WOULD STOL AND LISTEN!" I exclaimed.
"YOU ARE ABOUT TO TAKE THE ONLY THING I HAVE AWAY FROM ME! ARE YOU HAPPY ZAK ARE YOU SATISFIED!" She screamed in his face. But Zak stood quiet.
"No he's not! I believe he feels just as worst as you do!" I responded.
"He can defend himself Shawn."
"At this moment he can't because he knows what he did was wrong! In fact he might just be as in much pain as you think! YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS BEEN THROUGH LIVING HELL!"
"Oh yeah. What happened his turtle died? Next time feed it!" She answered.
"No Ainsley. When he was 15 years old his twin sister died from cancer! And to top that off his father tried to murder him and now is in prison for life for attempt of murder on his only son! Oh wait let me finish this off for you the dad he has now is his step dad. That used to work with you're father. So if you believe he doesn't feel the guilt he has now then you have amazingly failed at judging ones character." I looked at Zak as his head was down and he was doing nothing but crying.
"I'm sorry Ainsley. I really am. I'm going to be right next to you this whole time because I love you. I promise." She leaned in and hugged me as tight as she could. I held on to her because that's what she needs is someone to be here for her when she is seeing nothing but darkness.