Chapter 15

I felt a light tickling on my cheek and stirred in my sleep, rolling over. Laughing sounded, but I ignored it and tried to fall back asleep. Nothing worked and the tickling was still there so I opened my eyes to be met with Michael and Jessica. I rubbed my eyes.

"What the hell is going on?" I mumbled. I looked over at the clock and it read 3:54am. "What are you guys doing?"

Jessica stifled a laugh. I looked at both of them suspiciously. I then got up and walked to the bathroom. I looked up at the mirror and gasped, followed by loud laughs. They had drawn all over my face in marker. I mumbled a few curse words and walked out to be met with Jessica holding her stomach from laughter and Michael acting innocent. I saw him holding a marker.

"Michael..." I said, angrily.

"Hmmm?" He asked, smiling.

"Why did you draw on my face...?"

"You fell asleep" he replied.

"And?"

"It's funny" he said, smiling again.

I made my way towards him and he stood up, backing away. He turned around and ran out of the cabin but I ran after him, onto the sand. He ran by the ocean but I was able to catch up to him with ease, considering the fact I run cross country. I jumped onto his back and he decided it would be a good idea to run straight into the ocean. I screamed as a wave came over us and soaked us both, completely. He bursted out laughing and I joined him. We're already wet, so we may as well stay in the ocean. He kicked some of the water at me and another wave soaked us.

"You suck" I mumbled, crossing my arms. He swam over to me and wrapped his arms around me, making me smile.

"You suck, too" he mumbled against my ear. "And the marker is off your face by the way, I assume from the water." I chuckled and shook my head, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist. He smiled and looked into my eyes, pushing a strand of wet hair out of my face. "You're beautiful." I swallowed hard and he leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss, running my hands through his wet, purple hair.

And I knew that in this moment, I was falling for Michael Clifford, the boy that I barely know. And I was falling hard.

-

We walked back to the cabin, soaking wet. Jessica gave us a confused look. "What happened out there?"

"Nothing" I replied, smiling at Michael. I decided to take a quick shower and climbed into the bed. Michael showered too as I told Jessica about what happened.

"I told you that you're perfect for each other" she said, crossing her arms. I smiled.

But still, a little voice in the back of my head kept telling me not to trust Michael. The voice kept telling me that Michael's just going to use me for sex, then leave me. I sighed and decided to ignore the voice for now...I feel like I can trust Michael. Minutes later, he walked out of the bathroom with his hair soaking wet and messy. I bit my lip at his attractiveness. He must've noticed because he smirked at me, climbing into the bed with me.

"Who gave you permission to sleep in the same bed as me, Clifford?" I asked.

"You know you want me to" he replied, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Don't get near me, then" I said, sticking my tongue out. He frowned, pouting his bottom lip out. I gave him a look and leaned over, turning the lamp on. He grabbed my arm and dragged me into him. "Noooo" I mumbled, fake frowning. In reality, my heart fluttered. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Get some sleep, beautiful."

"Why do you keep calling me beautiful instead of hot? Not that it's a bad thing because of course it isn't, but no guy has ever really called me beautiful before" I said.

"Calling you hot is rude, and hot isn't even enough to describe it...actually, I feel like beautiful isn't even enough." I smiled, looking up and kissing him on his jawline. He tipped his head down and connected his lips with mine. The same rush comes over me every time... We eventually pulled apart. "Goodnight, beautiful." He gave me one last kiss on the cheek and we both drifted off to sleep.

(A/n: so this chapter is short as fuck bc writer's block but the next chapter will be way longer to make up for it, I promise. And will there be drama? c;)