Chapter 16

I woke up that morning to see Michael eating cereal. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind, resting my chin on the top of his head.

"Yay, you're up" he said, taking another bite of captain crunch. "I poured you some captain crunch but didn't put the milk in yet so it wouldn't get soggy."

"Thanks, Mikey" I said, grabbing the milk.

"Mikey?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Mikey" I replied, sticking my tongue out and pouring the milk. I sat down and began to eat my cereal. "Where's Jessica?"

"She went to Luke's cabin" he replied. I nodded and we both sat in a comfortable silence, eating our cereal. Once we finished, I got dressed and brushed my teeth, combing my hair as well. While I combed through my hair in the bathroom, I saw Michael in the mirror. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up. We both looked at each other in the mirror.

"We look good together" he stated.

"We aren't together yet, Clifford" I replied, combing through more of my hair.

"But we will be. And I'll wait as long as you need me to." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek as he grinned and looked down, walking out.

When I finished with my hair, I put my bikini on and looked over at Michael. He had his shirt off and the tattoos on his back and chest were visible. He has no tattoos on his arms for some reason. My eyes widened and I quickly looked away as he turned around. He smirked and walked over to me, pressing his lips against mine. I put my hands on the back of his head, deepening the kiss. Our tongues entered each other's mouths and the kiss began to heat up. I backed up as he walked and he pressed me against the wall. I ran my hands down his smooth, tattooed back and he moaned into my mouth. He pulled away and kissed down to my neck, sucking on the skin. He abruptly stopped.

"I'm not getting into anything..I don't want you to think this is why I wanna be with you, because it's not. I'm not in this for the sex. I won't do anything like that to you unless you allow me, and I know you don't want this right now. We aren't even together and we barely know each other. So when we're together and when you're ready, let me know." I smiled really wide and wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"We can still do stuff like that though, right?" I whispered into his ear. I noticed the hairs stand on the back of his neck and goosebumps form on his skin.

"Y-yeah" he stuttered. Am I really having this effect on him? I smirked a little and jumped off of him, grabbing our towels.

"We're going to the beach" I stated, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers. He smiled at me and we walked out of the cabin, to the beach. When we got there, I saw Jessica and Luke sitting under an umbrella, laughing with each other. I smiled at them. Me and Michael put our towels down and the sun beat down.

"I'm putting sunscreen on" I said, pulling it out.

"No, I'll do it for you" he replied, holding out his hand. So I gave it to him and he squirted some into his hands, rubbing them together and rubbing it on my back. I shuddered at the sudden contact and he continued to rub it on, continuing towards my lower back. His hands reached towards my butt and his hand accidentally brushed against it, making goosebumps form onto me. I turned around and he rubbed it onto my chest, looking into my eyes as he moved to my stomach. I swallowed the lump in my throat and he soon finished, pressing his lips against mine. I kissed back and we stopped the kiss before anything would happen. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the ocean.

"I find it funny how we aren't together, yet we do things like kiss and hold hands" he said.

"We're friends with benefits" I replied. He looked at me and shook his head, chuckling. I smiled and we reached the ocean. "It's cold" I complained, frowning.

"Don't be a baby" he replied, smirking. I swatted at him. I climbed onto his back and he swam out deeper into the ocean, but that's when I saw Calum and the blonde. I felt my heart beat slow as Calum started to kiss her. I swallowed hard and Michael moved away from them. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, seeing my now forming tears. He quickly wiped them away and wrapped his arms around me. I took deep breaths as Michael calmed me. "He's just a jerk" Michael whispered. "Don't worry about him. He doesn't deserve one bit of you." I nodded slowly, looking down. I sighed.

"Can we just go back to the beach?" I asked.

"But we just got in here.." He said, confused.

"I know, I just..I don't feel like swimming right now." He nodded. I jumped onto his back again and he swam to the shore. Once we got there, I lay on the towel resting my eyes. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

-

I woke up to the loud chants of "Fight! Fight! Fight!" I opened my eyes and rubbed them, looking at the time on my phone. 5:30. We've been here for about 2 hours. Where's Michael? My eyes wondered to a huge crowd, gathering around two boys. I ripped through the large crowd and gasped to see Michael punching Calum in the face. Calum kneed him in the stomach and Michael held onto his stomach as Calum punched him hard in the eye. Michael's eye swelled up. Before I knew it, I had jumped in and pulled on Michael's arm to pull him away. Michael brushed me off and I tried to grab him again but Calum went to punch Michael and missed, accidentally punching me. The whole crowd stopped and I held my jaw, feeling my nose bleed. Calum's hands flew over his mouth.

"Oh my g-god Ashley, I...." He trailed off. Michael's chest rose and fell rapidly as he punched Calum extremely hard. Calum passed out and before I knew it, I had passed out too.

(A/N: sorry for the cliff hanger and sorry if this chapter wasn't long enough :/)