Chapter 29

"Are you sure you have everything?" Michael asked.

I double checked my bags.

"Yep, I do."

He sighed, frowning.

"Why do you have to leave?" He whined.

"Because my mom needs me home" I replied, pouting my bottom lip out. "But it's not like we aren't gonna see each other."

"Your mom hates me though..." He mumbled.

"That's not true, she said you're growing on her."

"Still" he replied, crossing his arms.

I walked up to him and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms around him. He rested his forehead against mine.

"When exactly do you have to leave?" He asked.

I looked over at the clock which read 3:15pm.

"15 minutes" I replied, running my thumb across his jawline. I bit down on my lip.

"Don't do the thing" he mumbled, staring at my lips.

"What thing?" I teased, biting my lip again.

"If you keep biting your lip I'm just gonna have to make you bite it until it bleeds" he said, biting his own lip and smirking.

"Michael!" I squealed, my cheeks heating up. He chuckled.

"You can't tell me you weren't turned on at least a little bit by that" he said, grinning at me. I punched him on the arm and looked away, embarrassed.

15 minutes passed quickly and I found myself putting my bags in my car with Michael's help. I turned around to see Jessica, Luke and Ashton running towards us. They all pulled me in for a huge hug.

"I can't believe you're leaving" Jessica pouted.

"I know" I replied, hugging them again.

When we were done saying our goodbyes, Michael and I climbed into the car. He had offered to come with me to my house. So we drove and it didn't take long at all. We pulled up to my driveway and stopped the car. He helped me with my bags as we walked up to my house. I knocked on the door and my mom answered, surprised to see Michael with me.

"Oh. You bought your..boyfriend." She gave him a friendly smile and he returned it. "Well, come on in." We both walked into my house and Michael looked around.

"You have a lovely home" he said to my mother.

"Well thank you sweetheart" she replied.

Me and Michael walked to my room. Michael looked around at it and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Your room is just...you."

I looked at the band posters and the CDs. I also looked at my collection of books and DVDs.

"You think so?"

"Yeah..." He trailed off, looking through my CDs. "You have amazing music taste" he added.

"Thanks" I replied, standing beside him and watching him flip through the CDs.

He sat down on my bed and bounced up and down on it. I chuckled.

"Remind me how old you are again?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seventeen" he replied, crossing his arms.

"Oh that's right, you're younger then me" I said, smirking. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, okay."

I sat in his lap so I straddled him.

"Woah there" he said, his face dangerously close to mine.

I smirked and pressed my lips against his. He put his hands on both cheeks when I heard the door open. I turned around and saw my mom standing there, an eyebrow raised.

"Um..hi mom" I said awkwardly, climbing off of Michael. He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. She shot Michael a look.

"I was just coming to help you unpack, but..." She trailed off.

"No, you can help me. Let's unpack" I said. She slowly walked towards my bags and I did as well. Michael joined us and we hung my clothes up in my closet.

"So Michael," my mom started. "What exactly are your intentions with my daughter?"

"Mom" I said, giving her a look.

"It's fine, um..I like your daughter a lot and she means so much to me" he said, folding his hands behind his back. My mom narrowed her eyes.

"Well, okay...but if you EVER break her heart.." My mom pointed a finger at him.

"Mom, I'm pretty sure he isn't gonna be intimidated by a 48 year old woman" I said, fighting back a smile.

"What? I am not 48 years old" she said.

"Mom" I replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay.." She said. I looked over at Michael who was chuckling. "Laugh all you want right now, tattoo boy. I still have Ashley's old softball bat and I'm not afraid to use it."

"You played softball?" He asked, looking at me.

"I have tons of pictures if you want to see them" my mom replied.

"Okay mom, I think that's enough. Love you" I said, shoving her out of my room. I cracked the door and sighed. "She's a handful."

"She's funny" Michael replied, smiling and grabbing my hand. He pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Why are you so gorgeous?"

"Well, my mom and dad decided they wanted a baby.." I trailed off.

Michael chuckled and shook his head, pressing his lips against mine. Every time he kisses me, he never fails to give me chills. The thing of it is, every kiss gives me a strange feeling each time. When we pulled apart, I thought of something.

"Can I show you something?" I asked.

He nodded and I grabbed his hand, running out of my room. We ran outside and to my backyard, through my woods.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Shhh" I replied, smirking. We continued to run and we reached the huge tree. Michael looked up at it. "Welcome to my childhood escape."

He smiled and watched as I climbed it, quickly reaching the top. I sat on a branch.

"C'mon!" I called down. He scratched the back of his neck.

"I don't know" he called back. "It's pretty high."

"You scared?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He sighed and grabbed one of the branches, pulling himself up. He took it step by step, carefully. I watched as he forcefully gripped each branch and got closer up to me. He finally reached me and pulled himself beside me.

"This is scary as shit" he said, his eyes wide. I chuckled.

"Don't look down" I teased.

"No, stop" he replied.

I looked at him and saw him shaking.

"Good God Michael, I've never seen you this scared" I replied.

"How are you not? Do you not see how high up we are?" He asked.

"Would you calm down?" I replied, chuckling. "Like I said, this was my childhood escape. Whenever my parents fought, I'd run to the woods and climb to the top of this big tree, onto the branch..I'd just sit here and cry." I stared off into the distance and felt him grab my hand.

"Hey, it's okay" he said, smiling at me. I could still feel him shaking.

"You wanna get down?" I asked him.

"More than anything" he replied. I laughed and we both slowly climbed down. "Okay, now I've got something to show you, too. But it has to be later tonight when it gets dark."

"Okay" I replied, raising an eyebrow.

We walked back to my house.